The dreaded time again!!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 26 subscribers

It’s the dreaded scan time again. CT scan this Friday, to see if the radiotherapy has been effective on the tumour recurrence!  
How on earth are we supposed to relax, at times like this?

I’m running about like a headless chicken….. and hiding away from everyone! I just keep planning, and reorganising my funeral, death, finances, as I feel it’s the only thing I have control over! 

I just can’t stand conversations , as want to shout and say ‘I don’t care what Tom, Dick or Harry are doing! 
I feel like such a horrible person! 

• Hi Jane, don't worry you're not the only one acting like this. I got my date for my CT scan on 24th May about 2 weeks ago and I've been churning up ever since, as well as that we have to wait a week for the results.

I'll be thinking of you, good luck for Friday.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• The CT outcome will be the same if you worry or not. Its easy to say,i know but im only beginning to ACCEPT my situation. Ive tried to be a bit kinder to me, something that isn't so naturally inclined for me. Ive had stage 3/4 cancer for probably 6 Years, 5 Years of undiagnosed but it was everywhere. I guess we need to live in this day and tomorrow arrives anyway..Take care.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to MrsBJH

Thanks Barb. I know we can’t change the results etc, but doesn’t t stop us feeling miserable and scared. 
    Good luck with your results too 

xxx

• For me the week before the scan then the however many weeks waiting for results are the worst part of all of this.  Everything is up in the air and you have no idea what to plan for

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Scanxiety is a horrible thing. I’m thinking of you both  and  and pray for good results for you both xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • My thinking since 2012 has been to declare that the doctors do not have the last word!  I share a similar diagnosis and have to have chemo every month now. They tell you what they see but when you look to the horizon you are looking beyond what you can see, knowing there is so much more there worth living for.   Is  it true that every blessing in the present generates strength for the future?  My biggest battle is in my mind; believing that the struggle I face in the moment will not last forever and you're right, worrying never achieves anything.  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Remoh

Exactly, the lead up is awful and then the waiting. Can’t make any plans, as you say. 
    Just been to parents and had a good cry on my mums shoulders.  
    xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Thank you Chelle xxx

• You can't change anything by worrying, it's true. But you can give yourself a way through by making little plans - maybe one for each day like 1) Gonna have a jam doughnut with my coffee 2) get a pizza delivered like Richard and have a glass of wine with it with the family (or several!) 3) Time for a special chocolate treat today 4) a walk out somewhere and take a little picnic with me. 5) record your day like a journal with photos - even if it's just an everyday exercise of domestic jobs. Writing stuff down like that is very therapeutic, even if only you look at it.   Hugs. Rainie x.

• I have developed a Buddhist mindset which has strengthened me during this time to the point where i just try and live NOW . My body will do what it wants in the end, but in the meantime i can free myHeartMIND until i die. You see i dont see the future because no one is guaranteed anytime or horizon. Just today i managed to walk my body to the bluebell woods nearby. To be in the that nature was liberating. I struggled with pain but one day i will be free of it.PEACEHeart