The dreaded time again!!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 26 subscribers

It’s the dreaded scan time again. CT scan this Friday, to see if the radiotherapy has been effective on the tumour recurrence!  
How on earth are we supposed to relax, at times like this?

I’m running about like a headless chicken….. and hiding away from everyone! I just keep planning, and reorganising my funeral, death, finances, as I feel it’s the only thing I have control over! 

I just can’t stand conversations , as want to shout and say ‘I don’t care what Tom, Dick or Harry are doing! 
I feel like such a horrible person! 

• Tony that must have been so beautiful and peaceful. Bluebell woods always look so magical. x

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Jane, good luck for Friday , scanxiety is awful mine usual starts week before C.T. and stays till I get results. We all have our own way of dealing with ìt. Take care xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Moi2

Thank you. Yes, I’m the same, the build up and then the waiting. I’m just soooo angry , and can’t control it, it’s horrible Disappointed 

You too xx

• Oh Jane I've commented on here a few times about my mood swings, anger I clean the House like a mad woman it helps. Today is an on the couch day feel very lethargic, so resting for a bit. But I do feel well, tried to put the kettle in the fridge again so I'll take that as good sign lolLaughing Take care Xx

• Tony, I hope you are not in pain because you think it's 'karma'. Please don't let your time be too much of a struggle when there are things to help keep the pain controlled. Do you have relief for this? Thinking of you, Rainie x

• Yes, scanxiety is horrible, My last one showed stable mabel ish but that I needed bone scan for area to check in more detail. So now I have bone scan next week - radioactive injection in the morning, then scan few hours later. That will be fun, told to keep away from children and pregnant women for a few hours. I mainly try to keep away form children anywayGrin. No one said anything about dogs though - glow in the dark dogs would be good. Seriously though, I will be waiting for those results with bated breath, so soon after Ct results - it is all such a waiting game. I try to put it out of my mind between the actual scan and results - given there is usually several weeks. Good luck with the horrible in between time,

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ownedbystaffies

Thank you.

Good luck with your bone scan and radioactive injection. 
    Haha I try too, but I still live with one , 15 year old stepson. 
    It’s all waiting isn’t it, horrible way to live 

xx

• No karma like as ' punishment ' its just bad luck.  We just do what we can. But ive got liquid morphine. I can tolerate alot of pain but this will change no doubt. Hope your okay.?

• Good luck with your bone and ct scans xx

• Good luck with your scans, one of my uncles with thyroid cancer used to go to my parents in rural North Wales after treatment to be away from his children and grand children after his toxic treatment! 

Sarah