facing up to the facts

• 23 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I have just finished my last round of chemo yesterday and getting  my pump  and picc removed next week. I have been ill since 2020 and looking quite good as all tumours at bay or shrunk at present . I had  agreed in late November  with my daughter last year that she would start paying rent in January. I have broached  the subject today and told her to start paying the rent and something to cover the arrears also , She says she has lost £800 off her usually wages which I understand . But then she says she is only living here because I am Ill and she didnt want me left on my own in case I get worse. To be honest she doesn't do anything to help except the odd meal maybe once a week , I usually do more for her every week between shopping and her  washing. tidying up kitchen after her and keeping house clean , She has eventually decided to clean her bathroom after months of badgering. I believe I am not setting a good example for her as she is 23 and been working for years and never paid a penny . She thinks nothing of ordering take aways getting taxis and going on holidays and why not as some other mug is subsiding her life style which I told her and is not right . So I told her she should do whatever she thinks is best for her as I will be fine regardless. She is rarely here maybe a few days a week then at her boyfriends but its the principle I think why should I spend all my savings when she should contribute. Sorry for the long rant

• Thanks Candysmum Agh its on going and just checks etc so all good .  Yes great news on the Daughter front hopefully she is seeing the light  at last . All the Best Minmax 

• Hi Minmax, So the talk by your son seems to have worked, that's terrific! Now it is up to you to make sure you stick to what you have said and take time for yourself instead of clearing up after another adult! Your daughter should be doing your washing along with her own but maybe that will happen, who knows!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • anndanv Well she paid that's a good start. Yes you are spot on she should be doing my washing lol We live in hope . All the Best Minmax