Chemo And up date, from Ulls

• 24 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hello Everyone,   Just thought I’d give you an update,when I was first diagnosed I was told I could have treatments A,B,C and D, welI I’m now on Plan D, for several months my PSA has been rising, and is now 27 I started at 25.1, after CT scans with and without dye, an anomaly was seen in my peritoneum which is a membrane which covers all of you main organs, part of that is called the Omentum which the area around the tummy button. 

Since then it has been confirmed that this is due to further metastatic spread and is the reason for my PSA going up.

The Hormone tablets have been stopped as they are no longer working so good by plan A,B,C,  Plan D is Docetaxel chemo plus 2 further tablets. The first session occurred this morning 9am till 12.30 pm. I'm having 6 cycles 3 weeks apart, the list of side effects makes two lists on an A4 sheet, some don't seem too bad but the others are dreadful.

Still I’ll go with it on the hope it extends my life with a good quality, I’v been told i’m still an incurable so will just go along with it in the hope that some thing else will come along one day.

• Hi  Annette,

Hope you are feeling well. The gelato place is at the East Shore end of Seaham and is called Chilled Out gelato. The Crows Nest pub is not bad for meals. There's also a fish and chips takeout place. Hope you have a great time.

A x

• Hi Sistermoon, Thank you for the info! I love ice cream and my husband loves fish and chips so the perfect combination! Thanks we enjoy ourselves wherever we go!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Wow that sounds like a meetup at the ice cream shop in seaham, so Annette that's Sistermoon and I who else's is coming. Naughty but nice.

• Hi Ulls, Count me in!!  & Anyone who loves ice cream will be welcome!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!