This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely Morning Chit-Chat-Thread - May 2024

• 631 replies
  • 47 subscribers

New month, new thread - as requested by  

Daily Life chit chat for bloods, scans, appointments, going shopping, cutting grass, reading, watching some thing decent on TV - whatever your day has in store for you. That is daily life!

Even having a laugh, that is a normal life, and we all have it.

If you have a special topic please start a new thread so people that wish to see it can, and can comment.

Hope this is to everyone's approval.

Thanks.

• When I was going down to the hospital for treatment, and going up to Edinburgh for oncology appointments, transport was provided for me by St.Johns ambulance. The volunteer drivers were great! I often had the same driver, Brian, who was lovely. We chatted away all day! 

I do miss going to the treatment clinic....sounds sad but it was quite a social time for me, as I could chat with the nurses if it wasn't too busy. I don't see anyone socially except for my husband most of the time. I'm quite happy, and keep in touch with distant friends and family. 

And the forum family here, of course!!

• I do understand what you are saying, i like my own company, though every so often, good to see some HUMANS, good chat,  and that keeps you going, until it occurs again.

Yes always some one here, to rant to,, or what ever you have to say, rather than keep repeating it to your self.

• Hi Moi, Glad you had a good break. That's exactly what I do! Put it on my mobile then when I get home, put it on my calendar I keep in the kitchen. It is just as well I use a pen you can rub out (it has a rubber on the end) because it changes all the time!

Ellie is your op for your eyes this week too? You do have a busy time ahead!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Yes isn't it sad when we miss going for treatment just because we can actually talk to others. However that is just the way it is!

we are off for a break for a week just outside Durham. Looking forward to exploring somewhere we have never been before! They say a change is as good as a rest! So that will be good!

Take care all!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hope you have a lovely time  we are off next week for a little break ourselves. We are going to Mersea Island. We have never been there, we usually go to Essex this time of the year, but usually stay around Walton on the Naze, so it is good to go exploring somewhere new. Hope the weather is kind to us both x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Good morning all, not to bad here today dry cloudy sun poking thru, wife and daughter dragging me round the shops today. Well I hope you're day is going to be better than mine, long live hope.

• Morning Ulls, the dreaded shopping with family, I always hope they know what they want beforehand, but even when they do it still takes 5X longer than it should

• There is always HOPE in everything,  Pappa Bear

• Spouse knew what she wanted in 1 shop but they didn't have the colour or size, but she still tried 8 others just in case, before walking out, not happy. 

• I'll agree with you, but on occasion things go wrong and by the time you've sorted it out, hope seems a distant memory, Mama Bear. KoalaBear