This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely Morning Chit-Chat-Thread - May 2024

• 631 replies
  • 47 subscribers

New month, new thread - as requested by  

Daily Life chit chat for bloods, scans, appointments, going shopping, cutting grass, reading, watching some thing decent on TV - whatever your day has in store for you. That is daily life!

Even having a laugh, that is a normal life, and we all have it.

If you have a special topic please start a new thread so people that wish to see it can, and can comment.

Hope this is to everyone's approval.

Thanks.

• Dear me Moi, hope you manages to get it sorted with the Bank.  

Alana xx

• Ĥi Ulls till you lovely wife reminds you who is boss ha ha xx

Moi

• Hi Alana the bank have been very good and they have filled all relevant forms in now it's waiting time. xx

Moi

• Hi Kate, lovely day for a walk, Poppy struggles when it's hot, so perfect today, just a shame it was a day of appointments, we have a lovely old broadleaf woods near us and it's next to the wildlife park and if you go at the right time you can hear the lions roaring, Poppy knows they are cats and barks at them, not so sure she would if she met one, take care.

Eddie xx

• I wouldn't fancy Candy's chances if she met a lion either! she's a big dog, but not assertive.

The only drawback of the forests here are the ticks....I get a tablet treatment for Candy, which works, but i try to spot them on her before they get stuck in for a free meal! Horrible things.

i had my last appointment today with my counsellor (NHS). feeling a bit sad, as I liked him, and have found it really helpful. He has done his job though, and I feel more settled now.

Just the phone call from my oncologist tomorrow to gird myself up for! Latest scan results, and possible decisions to be made.

A busy week! But not as action-packed as yours usually are.

Will try to do some gardening tomorrow whilst waiting for the call. Not feeling too nervous, just a bit edgy.

Take care!

Kate

• Hi Alana, I always like the truth too from my oncology team, even though I know i don't always get it, and i found being prepared for death a big help with getting on with life. No hymn's for me either, my body is going to medical science, I always wanted to be an organ donor but having cancer rules that out, and when the student doctors have had their "fun" I am being buried in a forest with an oak tree planted over me, and no headstone or plaque. Love the song you chose, Dolly is fab too, though not fussed about, prop me up beside the juke box if I die, I guess you mean Joe Diffie's version, but i expect it was a joke, you are a weird mum, but I thought it was funny, take care.

Eddie xx

• Hi Kate Poppy is a 6kg soaking wet Jack Russell, I wouldn't fancy her chances with a pet cat, ticks are awful luckily Poppy's flea and worm treatment protects her. Counsellors are great i''m glad yours has been so helpful as well, got mine through the hospice but stopped seeing her a month ago and it felt a little weird not seeing her at first but ok now, though she has told me I can see her again when I need to. best wishes with your oncologist tomorrow, I hope the news is kind. I only have 7 appointments this week and no plans, Hope you get in the garden tomorrow and good luck again with the scans, take care.

Eddie

• Hi All, The song I would like played was my dad's favourite by Louis Armstrong "What A Wonderful World".

The weather has been terrific here although a bit too hot for me, so doing the garden when it cools down at about 7pm and it has been great!

Two appointments this week Tuesday & Thursday! One about meds the other about Blood Pressure and Bloods!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hope appointments go qell.

I have had to have a Blood Pressure 24 Monitor, never knew 30 mins to quick so quick, every half hour and hour during the night, though i did sleep well..

• Good morning all,  Lloyd's Bank put the money back in account today. YES !!!!

I had one off them in February,  but got hardly any sleep, so pleased you slept well. I hope results are good for you. Take care xx

Moi