Bewildered

• 33 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi everyone, I was told last Monday that I have Kaposi Sarcoma, apparently there are 4 types, 2 have been ruled out and I am waiting on blood results and  CT scan to diagnose which one I have and if it's spread. I currently have 2 tumours on my foot. In a daze at the mo as I an diabstic so just thought they were ulcers. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated from anyone going through this as I can't talk to anyone at the mo.

Thank you.

• I haven't Eddie, to be honest I haven't had any dealings with cancer through my family or friends which is why I am finding this so hard to grasp, I don't think it has actually sunk in yet. 

• At the moment it hasn't sunk in but I'm sure it will at some point, you all seem great and I appreciate your help in dealing with this. 

• Funny when i got dx, my family said why you, i replied, why not i am the same as every one else/,

Though i have said it before, then my hubby got dx, and then my daughter hen i was devasted i have to be honest.

You will get threw, with a plan in place.

• I'm sorry I didn't mean that to come out how it did. I just mean there are so many horrible people in this world, murderers, rapists etc and they sail through life. I am not religious but even before this I always said how do people keep their faith at times like this. What did you,  your husband or daughter ever do to deserve this. Again, I'm so sorry for my rant.

• No need to say sorry, i can assure you, we all act differently, nothing so queer as folk.

You are not alone, and you will calm down, when all results are in.

Please do not google , all out of date as such, and can scare you to distraction.

Early days for you, though please use the site, and as you can see, lot of people, we support each other.

• Hi  

Welcome to the online community and to our group. As you have already found, everyone is very friendly and supportive. We all have different cancers but we are all incurable and therefore understand each others position.

I'm very sorry to read of your diagnosis and can understand that your mind may be reeling at the moment. It is a lot to take in. This information below may be helpful for you when you feel up to it. I found it helped my mind by learning what I could about my type of cancer.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/soft-tissue-sarcoma/kaposis-sarcoma

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-information-and-support/stories-and-media/booklets/understanding-soft-tissue-sarcomas

The first link above, is information and the second link is to the booklet for soft tissue sarcoma. I will link below another group it may be helpful for you to join.

Soft tissue sarcomas forum  

If you feel that you need to speak to someone and get advice and support, the Macmillan helpline is open and they are excellent. This is the link to contact by phone or also online https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/contact-us

I hope you don't feel I have bombarded you. Take everything at your own pace. Let us know how you get on at your results appointment. Keep in touch.

A x

• Understood, though I tell my family everything now, it was not always so, .took me some time to come to terms with my diagnosis as well,  Maggies you can go by yourself, I do, it's such a nice place to be. 

Eddie

• Hi Just wanted to welcome you to this very supportive group where no matter what type of cancer we have, we are All incurable and a lot of people do not understand how that feels but here we all do.

it is difficult to talk to family when you are still trying to come to terms with it yourself.

After they get the right diagnosis you will have a plan o move forward and that makes a difference to being in limbo at the minute! Please ask to the group so we can support you, never feel alone!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thank you so much, I really appreciate all your help.

• Thank you so much, I really appreciate everyone's help, I know it is early days for me but I know I have people I can talk to now.xx