Bewildered

• 33 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi everyone, I was told last Monday that I have Kaposi Sarcoma, apparently there are 4 types, 2 have been ruled out and I am waiting on blood results and  CT scan to diagnose which one I have and if it's spread. I currently have 2 tumours on my foot. In a daze at the mo as I an diabstic so just thought they were ulcers. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated from anyone going through this as I can't talk to anyone at the mo.

Thank you.

• Hi DDChops, I don't have KC, but I am aware that it is incurable, and starts of in the lower limbs, so welcome to our site we're a friendly bunch who rely on each other with our cancer journey.

All the best Ulls 

• HI DDChops  (Lisa), and a warm welcome to the forum, though i am sorry you have to be here and that you have cancer. Sorry but sarcoma is not one of mine so I am unable to offer advice on it, but i can understand feelings and emotions, we all go through lots of them, especially at the beginning, going through tests and waiting for results and treatment to start, its awful. Lisa I don't know if anyone on the forum has sarcoma, but you will find lots of support and understanding from the wonderful people here who will be happy to help in any way we can, as we are all in the same boat, take care.

Eddie

• Thank you so much Eddie, it is so comforting to know I can talk to others. I am finding it hard to talk to my family, I am just painting on a smile at the moment. Thank you again for replying to my post. Xx

• Thank you so much, I am finding it difficult to come to terms with at the moment and just waiting for the scan. I can't talk to my family at the mo, so reaching out to you all on here is helping.

Thank you so much for getting in touch xx

• Welcome DD Chops

Though sorry you have had to come here.

I do not have any knowledge of ,KS, though i am sure, some one might.

Though we are incurable, and all go threw the same feelings and emotion, and only if you are  in the same,  circumstances, can you truly understand, and we all do.

Once you get the right answer, i am sure you will then get your plan, and every one gets a plan, and the most say, once you have that, you know which way you are going.

We all have our highs and lows, and always some one here, to listen advise, if they can, and pick you up, if needed.

I have just got in from my CT Scan, part of the plan as such, so where needs must..

Others will pop in, and welcome you, 

• You are welcome, Lisa I don't know if you have heard of Maggies, they are a cancer charity who provide help and support to people with cancer and their families, you can just drop in, no appointment needed between 9am and 5pm.  www.maggies.org, they have been so helpful to many on the forum, who are a good bunch as well.

Eddie

• Thank you so much Ellie, it really helps chatting to people who are going through the same thing. I hope your scan went ok. I'm just atill in shock at the moment, you never think it is going to happen to you do you xx

• Quite a few people have problems discussing their cancer with family and friends, manly because its hard for them to understand what your going thru, this group on the other hand know how you feel and what your going thru we've all been there.

If you want to rant, cry, whatever your not alone, there's always somebody to talk to, or you could join in the fun and take the P.

• Thank you so much for your reply. I have just read your profile, you are so brave. I am just in shock at the moment, you always think it will happen to someone else not yourself. Thank you again for getting in touch.

• I'm not brave just got a tile loose,Innocent