What next!

• 32 replies
  • 54 subscribers

I posted a month or two ago to say I was changing our GP surgery after being with the same practice for over 40 years,  as our GP was still not giving face to face consultations after Covid. I suspected there was something wrong with my husband Vince, so once we were registered he got an appointment and was very impressed with the attention he got. 
As a few of you already know.he was sent to get his blood checked the following day and the doctor gave him a kit to check the bowel. It came back showing blood in the sample. The following week (which was last week) he had to go for a colonoscopy.

We saw the Consultant this morning at our local hospital who confirmed Vince has Bowel Cancer. We had to go from that hospital to another hospital, the Royal Infirmary in Glasgow, so he could have an iron infusion.
He has to have an operation to cut out part of the large bowel where the cancer is.
On Tuesday he has to be at our local hospital for 9am to have his pre-op assessment, then On Wednesday he has to be at the larger Glasgow hospital for 7.30am to actually have the surgery. He will be in hospital for about seven days, then the recovery is several months. We are shell shocked!
Once they cut the cancer plus part of the large intestine it will be sent to histology and only when the result of that comes back, will they know whether or not he will need chemo.
The scan at present shows no spread but the surgeon will remove and test lymph nodes just to be sure.

If there is anyone reading this who prays (to any God, I don't mind) will you please say a prayer for us. As you can imagine our family just can't believe it is happening!

Thanks everyone, I will update you once the surgery is over.

Take care

Love Annette

Yesterday is History.   Tomorrow is a Mystery.  Today is a Gift!

• Sorry to hear your news, such a shock.

Of course I'll pray, and keep you both in my thoughts, and keep everything crossed.....bless you both.

• Dear Annette. My love, thoughts and prayers are with you all as family especially your loving husband, Vince. 
    All is not lost… 

Judy xxx

• Dear Annette

So very sorry to hear this news. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue x

• Thanks everyone for your comments and reactions to my post.

The surgeon today praised our GP for being quick acting and on the ball. He was surprised to hear that was the first time Vince had seen our new GP and we changed practices after over 40 years. So then he said that changing GPs was an intelligent move!

I will update here when I can but I really appreciate all your support.

this is a very special group!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • My dear friend Annette, I've already written to you privately but sending double the amount of love,  prayers and hope will certainly not do any harm.

I'm thinking of you all at this terrible time.

Much love and a massive hug ... Helen Heart xxxxx

Helen 
  • I am so sorry to hear this news I hope everything works out for you and Vince this reminds me of tv mans situation with his wife at least the gp has acted quickly sending huge hugs and love to both of you xxxxx

Flippen
  • Oh Annette I'm so sorry to hear your news. Your Vince is so lucky uou changed GPS and its been found. I'm praying for your family sending prayers and hugs and positive vibes. PrayPrayHeartHeart

Moi

• Oh Annette...what a crap. But wow i am so so glad you made the move to change the GP. What a blessing you found this great doc who moves fast. I am not a praying person but my fingers are crossed for a good surgery, fast recovery and a bloody good result after. Big hug Pet

• Hi Annette

So sorry to hear this is happening, prayers and thoughts with you both 

Donna

• Hi  

I'm very sorry to read of all you are going through. I sincerely hope that they have caught it early. Thinking of you both.

A x