This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely Morning -Chit- Chat Thread No 15

• 844 replies
  • 52 subscribers

New Thread for every one.

Daily life chit chat, going for bloods, scans, appointments, going shopping, cutting your grass,, what ever that day may bring. even being the weather forecaster, that is normal life, and we all have it.

If you wish to talk, regarding a special topic, please, start a new thread.

• I'm 70, yes,70 miles away from the hospital where I get treatment, and my oncologist doesn't hold a clinic there, so I have to travel about 5 hours to go see him! It has been a nightmare, coping with the travelling. Anyway, I now get my transport provided by St John's, who use volunteer drivers. It's quite nice travelling with someone to chat with and I'm getting to know quite a few of the different drivers! I see it as my 'Awayday' treat!

I have just vacuumed the house before I go on my mini-holiday. Exhausted now! Long soak in the bath tonight I think.

• Yes, he went off to the pub this afternoon, to grumble to his mates that I'm deserting him! We'll keep in touch by text whilst I'm away.

• Hi Ulls, Yes I know what you mean about having sore joints while typing. I now dictate my replies by pressing the microphone on then bottom left of the keyboard and at last, it now actually picks up my Scottish accent but I had to be patient by deleting and repeating for a bit!

That is a very expensive trip to the hospital. I know there is a McMillan Office in some hospitals or an administration office if no McMillan one who will discuss transport when you can't drive yourself. They have volunteers who will take you and bring you back. Our son volunteered years ago and still does it. The difference between that and hospital transport is you get picked up and dropped off right before and after your appointment, you don't get dropped off two hours too early or have to wait a couple of hours after you are finished because they only take one patient at a time, unlike the ambulances from hospital transport!

I hope you find help with this and they can sort out the nagging pain that comes with OA! Oh and good results are a must please!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Well bye for a bit Gang, we are off on our August Mini Break for. My birthday tomorrow (16th). That's me 73 and they said I'd never get to be 64! Huh! We had a beautiful blue sky and sunshine day at the coast and the next few days are meant to be more of the same! Yippee!!

Oh I do like to be beside the sea side OH come on sing up!!! ClapClapClap

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Happiest Birthday you amazing lady have a wonderful time Birthday Gift heart 
    Judy xxxxxx

• Oki thanks Annette, and happy birthday enjoy your trip to the seaside.

• Hi Judy your up early 

• Another Lovely Day ahead, , been laying in bed for an hour, lovely and cool and nothing hurt's.

I am taking the day as it comes, have not stopped for last couple of days, so easy oyez says me.

Hope you all have a nice day, and just do what you want what ever that may be. xx

• Not really! I can wake up anytime between 2am to 6am usually read if I'm too early. So 7 is a lie in Grin having brekkie  now. Builder's back!!!! roof slowly taking shape.

• Good morning all

Well it's lovely and sunny here and very warm, I have to work this morning when the weather's like this I wish I had given it up, but you can bet this afternoon I will be taking advantage of it, anyone out there supporting the lioness today. 

Have a happy day xx

Donna