New to all of this.

• 32 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi all. 
Hope you are all as well as can be. 
Unfortunately I seem to have joined your exclusive club recently. 

7 weeks ago I was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer which after numerous tests has now shown it’s metastasised to my hip, sacrum and upper spine. 

must admit to this being a bit of a shock and all happening incredibly quickly. 

I start my chemotherapy next week and have radiotherapy as well for my hip to see if it can help with the pain in my leg. I’ll try anything they can throw at me. 

I’ve seen so much hope and positivity on here, but this is my first time actually posting. To be honest I’m not sure what to put or what I expect, but I just thought I’d say hello. 

I told the oncologist that I was going to ruin their statistics and outlive the predicted 18 months. Fingers crossed I do. 

take care all. 
simon. 

• Hi newbie. So glad to hear you had no side effects let’s hope it continues and you continue to keep getting good news. Yes lets hope your luck has changed and you can continue to goin the right direction. 
    live had my first chemo session on Monday and on 8 tablets a day which so far I’m fine with. Off for radiotherapy this afternoon and they advised I take some anti emetics before I go, but they will be the first ones I’ve taken so far. Let’s hope that continues. 

Im still working, but as I’m a podiatrist I’m basically just sat down chatting all day so it’s not difficult. Hopefully I can continue doing it for as long as possible. 
    right time to get ready for more fun. 
    Thanks  and take care. 
    simon. 

• Hi  Moi2. Thanks for that. 
    Im just starting out on this journey and still finding my feet as it’s all happened so fast, but so far I’m fine. 
    Definitely keep on keeping on as we all are hopefully. 

take care and enjoy as much as possible.