Checking in to give you the latest

• 11 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi everyone, well Tvman is dropping in with the latest news. To all.my friends that I chatted with and to all the new incurables that don't know me I have an update on the latest about Mrs Tvman.

Just briefly to my new colleagues, I have been present in this group for about 6 years. I have an incurable bone marrow cancer and I have treatment every week since 2015. What happened is what I dreaded happening. My wife of 44 years was diagnosed with bowel cancer at Easter this year. What a bolt from the blue that was. She had returned the biennial poo testing sample and we couldn't believe or couldn't comprehend why it is happening to us. It has turned out to be rectal cancer and she is now going into her 2nd week of 5 of chemo and radiotherapy. 

I know that dear Ruth is no longer with us, I was communicating with her through my rock and best friend Annette (anndanv) almost daily for several weeks and Annette was relaying messages from Ruth to me. Ruth's family were with her at the end, something that she and they wished for. 

As a result of my wife's diagnosis, I have bowed out of the community for a while. I have so much on my plate at the moment, caring for my wife and attending my own hospital appointments that are coming thick and fast. 

Take care everyone, it's great to have a foot in the door again. Any messages I'm sure Annette will pass them on.

Tvman xx 

• Thank you for letting us all know the update I know everyone will be wishing you all the best for yourself and your wife sending huge hugs and love to both of you xxxxxxx

Flippen
  • Hi Tvman, Good to see you post here again, it has been a while but I know you've had your hands full.

I'm sure the regulars here have been missing their Garden thread too with all the hints and tips from you.

The main thing is both you and Mrs T get the treatment you need and get sorted out. Of course if there are any messages from anyone here, I will pass them on to you.

in the meantime take good care of both of you while eating your harvested vegetables!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thanks for the update Tvman, I was so sorry to hear the news about your wife, life isn’t fair is it? I hope that the treatment is going well for her. Big hugs to you both

Jac x

• Thanks to update us Tvman...it will be a hard time for the both of you, but please know we are always thinking of you and hoping for a good outcome. Hugs Pet

• Thanks for the update Tvman, love and hugs to you and Mrs Tvman xxx

Sarah 

• Wishing both of you the best of luck. Thinking of you both.

Cat x

• Hi TVman

So good to hear from you, I hope your wife's treatment goes well and has the desired effect for her,

The main thing for you at the moment is that both of you do ok and treatment is what you need. Missing your tips and photos this year but that can wait,

Wishing you both all the best prayers and hugs

Donna

• Hi everyone, I've just nipped in to have a read and I have read some very lovely replies from friends old and new. I really do value your support and I'm so grateful. As far as we're aware Mrs Tvman's cancer has been caught early so the signs are hopeful that she gets through this. We have support from a lot of the family although it hasn't been relayed to anyone outside brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces and in-laws. Mrs Tvman doesn't want many people to know, in fact she wasn't going to tell her brother and sister until I sat down with her and said that they wouldn't like to find out from someone outside the family. I also said to her that there's no shame in having cancer and after that she immediately spoke to her brother and sister. 

Anyone else have the same thoughts?

Thanks again everyone for your support.

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hello TVman it's good to meet you. I see you are a garden expert, unfortunately I'm not but I have friends who are and have made my wee garden look great. I've always had dogs and they take up all my spare time.

I completely empathise with Mrs Tvman. I too didn't want people to know that I had cancer. It's strange really when you ask yourself why? It's such a dreaded word that people feel awkward in responding to you. I have a variety of friends in different circles so I eventually delagated a person in each group for them to pass any information on. I was fed up repeating myself although I know people were only concerned. But I did tell my immediate family which was hard. But nine months on it's we all just get on with it and I'm treated as being 'normal' now although people have always said I'm not normal...in a good way Stuck out tongue closed eyes

Judy xxx

• Hi  

Lovely to hear from you. I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering how you and your wife were getting on. Good news that they've caught it early. Best wishes to you both for your treatment.

A x

What is a Community Champion?

I am a Macmillan volunteer. 

Macmillan Support Helpline

0808 808 00 00 

7 days a week between 8am -8pm