PICC line tomorrow

• 14 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Yeah PICC line day for me tomorrow!! Again the absolute unknown!!

Any words of wisdom lovely people??

X

• Hi i am really sorry, i can not advise, never had one.

Though others have had, and will be along and pop in, and can advise you.

I wish you well, and hopefully plain sailing tomorrow, xxx

• I'm sure!! Thanks Ellie!!!

• I have a port which has been an absolute godsend. You will get the same benefit of ease of treatment and protection of veins that comes from a port but with a bit more inconvenience as they have to be kept dry, are there on your arm all the time, and need more regular flushing. If you are going to be needing a long term solution, I would try to get them to change it to a port. 

• Will ask about that!! Thank you!! 

• Hi LinSA, You say you are getting a pic line but you don't say what it is for. If they are having difficulty getting a vein then they may suggest one if it is something short time. As far as I know, they use a port for long term. It is always worth while asking questions but I would assume they would suggest the best thing for your treatment.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on and what they give you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • PICC line done but not without some fishing around for veins on both arms!! Now pretty sore! Ready for first chemo tomorrow

• Good luck LinSA I hope it all goes smoothly!

Love Annette x

• Went pretty well but long day.  Appointment for 11 am  first bag went up at 1 pm  finally left hospital 7 pm after waiting for meds.  Also came home with 46 hour bottle 

Having a chill Netflix day! It's been  tough 2 days x

• Hi LinSA, I hope you get plenty of rest and whatever you choose to watch on Netflix is interesting. It is very tiring sitting about in hospitals, so rest and relaxation is the order for the weekend!

Love Annette x

• 6 weeks waiting list for a port here so we made the decision to have PICC

Could well change down the line

Into the last few hours of my chemo bag! Will be glad to get that off!!!

Xxx