This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely morning - daily chit chat thread - no 10

• 789 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hello everyone, here is the new lovely morning thread for all our daily chit chat. 

• Afternoon Ulls i was just wondering how things are going with you, I hope you are ok. Take care Tricia. xx

• Ty as usual for your positive good wishes Tricia, Always much appreciated. 

M x 

• I'll join. By the time I catch up on this thread it's always afternoon - never mind lovely morning.  Rainie x

• Well just in, good day shopping, though the heavens opened, drenched right the way, threw,  not changed, stopped and sun out, beggars believe, W as like a drowned Rat, xx 

• Hello all, Just been trying to catch up with all your news. Moi is stable mabel. Great to hear.

Morton, you're getting through it with good humour, friends and cake: thinking of you fella.

Ulls, you have a sadness to deal with I understand, so sending you big hugs.

Hope the rest of you are all OK and I've not missed anything crucial?

I've been getting ready for my trip which is coming up fast, so I'll likely be absent for a bit as some of the spots we're going to have zero mobile signal. Hoping to do a lot of snapping and some sketching too. Just hope I hold up and adrenaline gets me through. The packing feels like it will never end, but no matter how I try to only take the essentials, it always balloons into loads of stuff. Hey ho.

Those films where they have somebody get a holdall and throw in a few things from a drawer? You know, it's that magic holdall because as the film goes on they're wearing so many different outfits and they all fitted into that little holdall. Well, I've looked on ebay and couldn't find one of those. I really would like one.

Rainie

xx

• Tell all Rainie, where are you off to? Exciting adventures await I feel

Jac x

• Hi Jac,

We're having a little tour round some hstorical sites this time. Staying at an old manor house first, where it's recorded King Canute stayed with his court - the place was on Time Team. Then going to a National Trust cottage so we can visit an Elizabethan moated house. We then go to our very own castle for 4 days. It's got a moat and the accommodation is made out of the gatehouse where the drawbridge once was. It's 11th C, but thankfully has plumbing and electric!! Finally a little Air B&B near a canal complex near Lapworth and more NT houses to visit on the doorstep.

Maybe we've bitten off more than we can chew, but we've lots of relaxing time factored in and there's no rush. But this will be the farthest we've travelled since my diagnosis pre-Covid - so three years. Used to drive all over but rather gotten out of the habit for long trips, so will be taking it easy.

I love early medieval history so lots of interest and King John - the nasty brother of Richard the Lionheart - stayed at the castle. It's recorded in the household accounts he lost money gambling with the owner. I love all that sort of stuff.

I suppose if I had a bucket list, this would be bucket list territory for me. 

Rainie x

• Sounds fantastic Rainie have a great time. xx Tricia. xx

• That sounds wonderful Rainie and I’m sure you will find inspiration for your art. I love ruined buildings and the way nature takes over again reminding us that we’re only visitors here! I love the weathered look and all the history that goes with those buildings imagining all who lived and worked there and the lives they led. And the thought that the biuildings may have been new builds when the occupants lived there! 
    oh you’ll have such a lovely time. We’re hoping to go to Norwich tomorrow to go the exhibition of the ship that was salvaged off the Norfolk coast. Have you been? 
    Jac x

• Have a wonderful time Rainie, it all sounds extremely interesting and you enjoy that zero mobile signal, the peace and quiet and just soak it all up. We all look forward to hearing about your adventures and hopefully seeing some of your sketches on your return. Safe travels and ENJOY xxxxxx.