This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely morning - daily chit chat thread - no 10

• 789 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hello everyone, here is the new lovely morning thread for all our daily chit chat. 

• Thank You, do not tell any one it is a secret lol

• Good morning All

Morton how wonderful that you were treated by an ex student and that she was so good! That’s karma for you! I’m a huge believer in being as kind and compassionate as possible to whoever we meet in life and I get that you are the same. It was a challenge sometimes when I was teaching more with parents than children tbh, but I would tell myself that I didn’t know how they were brought up and what life had thrown at them. we nearly always won them round and so much easier when they are working with you. I miss it greatly but I haven’t got the level of energy needed anymore and brain too foggy. 

Ellie congrats and your secret is safe with me! 

Ulls I think you need a hug , sorry you are feeling down but that cat must cheer you up! 

Have a good Tuesday everyone 

Jac x

• I doubt it, my eldest sister has past 

• Hi Missed this post.

My plans, where sort the pest control man out, done it,

Phone insurance company as due for renewal, lets see how much i can get them down, done it,

Get washing dry, done it.

Just living room to hoover and dust, dinner prepared.

Hope your trip out shopping went smoothly, and only took amount of blood they need,

Enjoy your day xxx

• Siting  here thinking, like i do some times, and it came to me.

We get diagnosed with cancer, and yes we want treatment, what ever they may be, BUT, all these treatments come with lasting effects for some.which at the time well i really never took a lot of notice of.

Now as time has gone on, your now dealing with cancer,, which is being quiet kind to me,and i am very grateful, 

Though has caused osteoporosis.numb tips  of fingers and toes, though not all the time.

My nails used to be lovely, now well, the nail it self come of in fine layers like shedding, tried painting them to protect, but waste of time.

Thinning of the bones can also effect your  teeth, yes i started bone strengthening medication last year.

Though really a little late for me, they should start you on it at the start for different people having different treatments,

But hey ho still here to moan about it, and cope the best way you can, i can be stubborn it will take a lot to give up.

Here   is where my thoughts end, lol

• Hi Jac, I coudn’t agree more…I couldn’t be doing with some of the negativity about students and how they were this that and the next thing.  I always felt being authentic, getting to know them and having some fun along the way was the best way to be.  Made for a better space for learning.  It was very nice. 

Hope you are having a good day 

M x 

• I agree Ellie, everything that benefits us in this thing comes at some cost.  Cumulatively they can be really difficult to deal with and it can get you down.  However there are benefits and it’s so nice to have those benefits every day.  Doesn’t stop the bloody side effects annoying us though!! 

M x

• Dear Ulls, I am so sorry to hear this. I wish I could find the right words for you at this dreadful time. Please be kind to yourself, take support from those closest to you and who knew your sister. I am genuinely searching for the right words and I send you my deepest condolences. xxxxxxxxx

• Hello Morton, just jumping in here, bad habit of mine Wink. I love the way you and Shadders describe working alongside your students and pupils. I am a great believer in that everyone has a story and everyone needs to be ‘heard.’ The fact both you and Shadders took the time and expressed interest in the students/pupils and parents too, would have meant a lot to those on the receiving end. I have teenaged nieces and nephews plus I was a Play Worker at a local primary school for a few years and also, a volunteer helper at our local Youth Club. I am obviously biased about my own family but they and any of the children or young people I worked with, all were/are a pleasure to be around. Whilst working at the school, I went through a dreadful period of depression and when I was at the school, the sad feelings would genuinely temporarily lift.  Best wishes to both of you, it’s lovely to hear about genuine positivity regarding students of any age. xxxx

• Oh I’m so sorry Ulls, I didn’t mean to be flippant with you. That’s so sad. I’m so sorry that your eldest sister has died, that must be devastating and on top of all your other bad news as well. So sorry 

Jac x