This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lovely morning - daily chit chat thread - no 10

• 789 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hello everyone, here is the new lovely morning thread for all our daily chit chat. 

• Morning Moi Martina Cole and James paterson are some of my favourite authors although i havent read any Richard Osman i will have to have a look at them. xx

• Thank you Moi, I will need to think about that actually but will do and get back to you :) 

M x x

• Totally agree it is a wee day out and a chance to rest for the afternoon while they fuss around me.  Have a good Good Friday Ellie 

M x 

• See get made a fuss of, lucky you, make the most of it,xx

• M im glad youre good to go on monday. Sending you lots of love and hugs.Have a  weekend full of chocolate and cakes and maybe a wee dram or two. xxx

• I am reading a book,

Called   When Breath Becomes Air.

Its ia about a neurosurgeon age thirty  six, true story, who then gets diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer.

It is hitting home quiet a bit, and sad, though i will read to the end, xxx

• Defo need a book club, we can all enjoy the books and comment on them xx

Moi

• There you go Moi, start a thread, you read more than me xx

• It was my english teachers ambition to get me reading in school as i hated it, found it boring, i just wanted to be out and about, she never did succeeded!

But then about twenty yrs ago i had to have a big operation and was going to be in hospital for a week and knew i'd be bored stupid. I spent hours in the book shop trying to find something that took my interest. I ended up buy the first three books in a series to take with me. But ended up reading them all before i went in and had to go back for the rest of the series to take in with me !

That finally got me reading. Even now i am so picky with what i read.

One book i love and would recommend is called The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. The film is out on dvd, but it's pants compaired to the book and doesn't do it any justice.

A book club, thread, is a great idea.

Cat x

• Most book are better than films, films you just watch, books you can become part of, I'm a slow readed due to being dislexic, quite often read parts over and over before my brain makes sense of what I'm reading.