What i'm doing, hope to do, or would like to do this summer

• 148 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Evening lovely people

Just wondering what everyone is up to this summer, If anything, have you booked a holiday, special day out or just a treat for the afternoon, evening. Something that's going give you something to look forward to.. a small boost.

It may give those of us who haven't decided yet ideas of what they can do, wether it be big or small.

I have booked to go a local..ish, small three day music festival in July,  I'm also seeing Billy Gibbons { from ZZ Top } in consert, thankfully that is local as well,

I would also love to take my van, Mr T {swb ford transit van with basic camper converstion} up to yorkshire to visit the James Herriot museum. But i am i little worried it will be too much for me with the distance etc.  My only saving grace is that if i do get too tired i can climb in the back for a kip and a cup of coffee anytime, with no real deadline to get home.

Cat x

• Mum and Dad have been to the Beamish museum and love it too. If there is a Scotland meet up and on there at the time, count me in! Lovely xxx

• Is that the Thunder in the Glen's weekend in Aviemore? We went accidentally many years ago but enjoyed the atmosphere very much. 

• Good times will materialise. They are out there waiting to be found. 

• Looks like you've started something Mmum, I think your going to have to get the kettle on by looks of it .Your Scotland idea is going down well !!

Anyone up for 'organising' it ?

Cat x

• Hi Shadders

A car would be a good start !!!!

Those little set ups are great and getting poplular. Berlingo's are good for that as their back space is like the doctors tardis. My aunt kept on at me getting one, but at the time i needed it for work.

Once my cusions are back and the nights warm up a little more i'll be doing a reki trip in mine.. I can't wait.

I had a camper yrs ago and sometimes just went 4 miles up the road to the forest Sat after work till Sun evening. 

You don't have to go far or for too long it's great.

Good luck with your micro camper 

Cat x

• Hi Evelyns

I rode for 30yrs, i had to give up a while ago and so, so miss it. 

I also repaired bike leathers for a living, i've just had to give that up too. That's what my van was ment for, doing the rallies, doing small onsite repairs and sewing on patches etc.

I won't say have a great week end in Aviemore as i know you will !!

Cat x

• I think this group should be renamed ' bugger cancer, we're off on holiday'

Enjoy!

•  

Reading through the threads about Scotland etc. I went a few yrs back and i've been to Ireland twice. I love Cornwall too, which isn't too bad for me as i'm that end of the country

I was only saying to my lad about helping him get his driving licence, if he did,  we could share the driving, the memories.....

& I'm sure his girlfriend would love to tag along.

It's even got me thinking now !

Cat x 

• Yes it's a brilliant weekend , live bands in the pubs  last year was the 1st one after covid it was just fantastic and the weather was glorious.