What i'm doing, hope to do, or would like to do this summer

• 148 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Evening lovely people

Just wondering what everyone is up to this summer, If anything, have you booked a holiday, special day out or just a treat for the afternoon, evening. Something that's going give you something to look forward to.. a small boost.

It may give those of us who haven't decided yet ideas of what they can do, wether it be big or small.

I have booked to go a local..ish, small three day music festival in July,  I'm also seeing Billy Gibbons { from ZZ Top } in consert, thankfully that is local as well,

I would also love to take my van, Mr T {swb ford transit van with basic camper converstion} up to yorkshire to visit the James Herriot museum. But i am i little worried it will be too much for me with the distance etc.  My only saving grace is that if i do get too tired i can climb in the back for a kip and a cup of coffee anytime, with no real deadline to get home.

Cat x

• I'm booking 5 days in Dundon .its a solo tour  so that we will be good. I'm goin to book later 2day x

• Is that Dundon in Somerst.Bev ? , if so that's not far from me at all, about an hour away.

Sometimes it's nice to go solo, you can do what you like when you like.

Cat x

• It's in Scotland. I've never been to Scotland before .I love goin solo I've done a few. No1 nos ur story and for a short while you can feel Normal and you kept busy x

• Hi Bev, Dunoon is lovely. There is a large static caravan site, just out of the town. My sister owned a caravan there for over 20 years until her husband died a while ago, then she sold it. We spent many weekends there and went for the day while they were there. To get there we drove for about 40 minutes and then took the ferry across. You can actually drive all the way to it but it takes a couple of hours. A lot of people seem to think it is an island but it is not. You can also take a ferry from Dunoon to various places and it is a lovely sail with stunning scenery.

There are lots of lovely coffee shops, we have tried them all. I hope you enjoy it and the weather is kind!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Oh thankyou for telling me this. I'll deffo do the ferry across somewhere x

• Even better !

My lad and i did a coach trip to Scotland a few yrs back, like you we'd not ben before. The scenery is stunning, i'd love to go back and do another one. I'd have preferred to have taken Mr T up there, but far to far for me to drive.

Have a great time.

Cat x

• How nice would it be if we cud all meet up for coffee and chat . I no we can't but it's sounds good xx

• Hi Cat, Take the train or fly!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!