What i'm doing, hope to do, or would like to do this summer

• 148 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Evening lovely people

Just wondering what everyone is up to this summer, If anything, have you booked a holiday, special day out or just a treat for the afternoon, evening. Something that's going give you something to look forward to.. a small boost.

It may give those of us who haven't decided yet ideas of what they can do, wether it be big or small.

I have booked to go a local..ish, small three day music festival in July,  I'm also seeing Billy Gibbons { from ZZ Top } in consert, thankfully that is local as well,

I would also love to take my van, Mr T {swb ford transit van with basic camper converstion} up to yorkshire to visit the James Herriot museum. But i am i little worried it will be too much for me with the distance etc.  My only saving grace is that if i do get too tired i can climb in the back for a kip and a cup of coffee anytime, with no real deadline to get home.

Cat x

• We have booked a 5 bed “cottage” in Troutbeck in the Lake District for all the family 7 adults and 3 children. Leaving next Thursday. It has a large hot tub with fabulous views. We did the same in April and really enjoyed it. I only found out that I’m incurable in February so still feeling shell shocked. I’m starting a new chemo regimen beginning of July so will go on speck between treatments. 

• We did a cruise round the British isles last year and stopped in Edinburgh, Glasgow , Orkney. Loved Skara Brae. 

• Hi Deborino, That's exactly what I did. What with all the scans and appointments at the beginning, it was hard even to get a long weekend away. However when we could we just went ahead and booked it. I think it is great to have something to look forward to.

Wherever you decide to go, I'm sure you will enjoy it and feel the benefit when you get back!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Have a wonderful time. I’ve yet to sit in a hot tub. It’s something I’ve always fancied Blush and the Lake District is fab. 
    it takes a while to take in being incurable but the love and support on the incurables forum is great. 

Judy xxx

• Hi Judy,  We have friends who emigrated to Vancouver in Canada over 35 years ago and we have been to see them several times (although not recently) they have a large pool and hot tub in their back yard and it is wonderful on a hot night (in the 20's +) going for a swim then sitting in the hot tub under the stars with a lovely cocktail my friend's husband makes!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I've never been into cruises, but i like the sound of that one, i might just have to look into it !.

My mate said years ago to book something, doesn't have to be a big thing, it could just be arranging to meet a friend for coffee or a day out and i've always done it ever since.

I've always wanted to go to Canada, my stepmother has relatives out there so i've seen lots of pictures, the scenery is stunning. 

Cat x

• Yes we loved Skara Brae too Deborino, Absolutely fascinating. Orkney is on my top ten places to revisit. I’d like to do all the islands. 

• Have a wonderful time in the Lake District Deborino, you deserve some me time now. I’ve just read your profile as I haven’t seen you here before. What a tough time you’ve had. Hope you can let your hair down and have some fun, sounds great 

Jac x

• Glastonbury Festival was mentioned on another thread, just wondering if anyone on here has been ?

Cat x 

• Hi people

Any tales of travels past or present ?

After going down hill for a while, i went to a music festival  for the weekend. I finally got Mr T { my transit}  finished the day before with an inverter and leasure battery, so i don't need to be hooked up for electric.

I'm booked to go to Boscastle in the begining of Septerber for a couple of days, my lad and his girlfriend are coming with their tent. Really looking forward to that and spending quality time with them.

The festival was ok, music ended up not my cup of tea and some of the bands shouldn't give up their day jobs.!!! but i got to chill out and Mr T was perfect.

So hope your all well and you have a great day

Take care all

Cat x