Past times, Past stuff

• 49 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Ellie mentioned on the lovely morning thread, that she'd once won a Teasmade in a competition.

Remember them?

Thought we could start a trip down memory lane about all those things that were around, but aren't now.

Or maybe they are, and we thought they'd gone forever, but they've been re-invented with a new name.

What do you remember that's gone? What do you miss?

I certainly remember the teasmade. My Mum had one, but after a while, my Dad proved to be more reliable.

Keep em'coming.

Rainie x

• Two connections ... my wife worked in Raidio Rentals in Epsom when we lived there and we often saw Norman Wisdom as he lived there at the same time.

I agree with Rainie, he wasn't my cup of tea either.

• He wasn't funny just silly 

• Hello backkite, New kid on the block. I will read your profile. Hope to get to know you. Rainie x

• I read your profile. A little more detail may help if you ever need advice for your specific problem from fellow travellers on here, though no obligation of course. Take care, Rainie x

• Thank you Ms Day, I will see if I can add anything useful. Were you ever related to Robin Day, an unusual name you have there?

• Laurel and Hardy, now they were funny. One scene I'll never forget was when I think it was Ollie had lost his temper with his car and he started knocking seven bells out of it. Unbeknown to Ollie, a policeman had come up behind him and Stan was discreetly trying to tell him by pointing at the policeman. It took a while for Ollie to realise. By this time I was doubled up with laughter. Still makes me smile talking about it. 

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • My favourite thing was the toasting fork. I'd love to have 'proper' toast again. My least favourite thing was Pinky and Perky. I was terrified of them and used to have nightmares about them. I'd wake up screaming that they were coming to get me. 

• I have one of them in my kitchen drawer today and it still works a treat!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi All, we used to hold a sheet of paper over the fire to get it to draw air from below to get the fire going properly, some times the paper would catch alight, coal fire and oven in one. 

One gas ring fed buy a rubber pipe, gas light's in the ceilings, I still remember the men changing the house to electric, elder sister's getting a radiogram from radio rentals.