New Skills

• 68 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi everyone, l saw a post on another thread from  that she is learning a new skill of calligraphy. That's prompted me to begin a new thread entitled New Skills, Elliekate is learning one every month. I'll be happy beginning and mastering the basics of one every year but maybe given my bone marrow cancer diagnosis, I'll try to learn the basics of one every 6 months. I've been diagnosed now almost 8 years so wish I'd started earlier! 

I'm going to learn willow weaving, I planted 1500 willow trees for 5 or so years until my back gave up 7 years ago. I hope to harvest the trees from now for fuel for my wood burning boiler stove that will do my central heating once I dry the wood.

1500 trees gives me more branches that I'll need and I now have some willow whips that are different colours for making baskets etc. I'm not what you would call arty but I can follow instructions in 3 or 4 books I have on the subject.

Anyone else started a new skill lately or have I sparked any interest and inspired anyone?

I made a few of these 3 or 4 years ago. Never did woodworking in my life, put a few shelves up and put skirting up but never actually made anything. Proud of them I am, Mrs Tvman did the paintwork.

Take care everyone

Tvman xx