Fatigue.

• 20 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Does anyone have tips on overcoming terrible fatigue?  I spend more time in bed now than out of it and sleep lots. Going to 

the shops is just too much and I find even the company of my lovely family and friends so very tiring, as in going to bed to sleep!  I don’t want to waste what time I have left , any ideas?

• Hi 

fatigue is normal 

I think if you need to sleep then sleep, you’ll feel better the rest of the time 

pits your body trying to fight the cancer 

I’m still working full time but rest loads at the weekend 

• I hope things do improve for you Donna xxx

• Yes Charlotte, I guess fatigue is the price to pay for still being alive, and kicking (when awake,)! 

• Hi Noplanb
    I was getting super tired in the last week of my 3 week cycle if chemo and immuno. It was my first treatment. Turns out I was low on red blood cells and they gave me a unit of blood in my 2nd cycle. It's the day after and I'm feeling much more energised.
    Vivien

• That’s good to hear that you have that bit of things fixed Vivien. My latest bloods show that despite meds my thyroid has given in, meds increased but the suddenness of this plus constant diarrhoea and mouth sores makes me think I might have to come off immunotherapy, after two years. I’ll find out this week. Still hopeful of a bit longer!  Nancy 

• That's no good Nancy. It might be good to have a break anyway.

Vivien

• Hey Wave Most (all?) of the benefits of immunotherapy are in the first two years so don't be disheartened if it has to stop.  

• Thank you Mmum, you get lots more info from your team than I do! I’m just out of my general hospital and am stopping immunotherapy under phone instructions from my cancer hospital. The drugs are beginning to destroy my wee 12 stone body!  Appointment at cancer hospital Monday, only my second face to face with an oncologist in two years. Anyways, I have my youngest grandchild’s party on Saturday and I’ll be there even if only for a bit! Nancy. 

• Hi Noplanb, as Mmum has said, a lot of these drugs give their best album n the first couple of years. Also they keep on working long after we stop them because they have built up in your system! I stopped the drug I was taking (Dabrafenib for over 3 years) in Oct 2016 and my next port of call if the cancer came back was Immunotherapy. Try to stay positive, it is not easy, but I do think it makes a difference! Good luck on Monday and if they say it is time to give your body a rest from the drugs and they will watch and wait, don't panic. I've been doing that since 2016!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • A bit of a late reply but I just searched fatigue because I feel the same.  SOOO tired and it comes on so suddenly.  I don't take medication.  I have a rare incurable cancer.  I wish someone could explain this to me.  Yesterday I listened to a podcast episode called Cancer Related Fatigue on the 'Beyond the Ribbon' podcast.  Very helpful.  :-)