Vaccine mRNA for cancer

• 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Does anyone have an opinion on this ?

My adenocystic carcinoma has been profiled and I have a mRNA mutation called SF3B1

i think the COVID vaccine  could work against my cancer by boosting my immune system.

i had more energy after the previous one I had in March and I had the latest booster on Thursday and think I am starting to feel a bit better.

I am too far down the line for a cure but can’t help feeling optimistic about vaccine treatment x

• Morning, i really do not know, though i did hear talk on the news the other week, they where talking about, the covid vaccine, being used for  different cancers, not sure if it is the same,

• Hey Ruth,

Anything that supports your immune system is worth considering I think. I've been taking a supplement called Biobran. I found out about it on the cancer research website in the alternative medicine section. I did my own research and read up on it and thought it looked a promising supplement. There's various research papers you can get a hold of, especially in Japan. They've done quite a few with prostate cancer - chosen I think as there is a measurable test that is easily done: the participants PSA levels dropped significantly in test subjects.

It's not a cancer cure of course but it seems to promote T-call activity.[our own killer cells] As I'm now asplenic and my immune system is much reduced, I figured it needed all the help it could get. My oncologist was happy for me to take it. I'm afraid though you do need to fork out for it.  Rainie x

• I've just been reading up on it.  It seems the mRNA techniques that are the foundation of the covid vaccine have now come to the fore for cancer treatment, although the research and trials were ongoing 10 years prior.  Now this technique and research has got a new lease of life given the success of the covid vaccine. The benefits of this approach are not limited to cancer - other conditions include Epstein-Barr, flu, rabies. It looks like you can get personalised vaccines, or generic ones for a specific cancer.    It all sounds excellent Thumbsup

• Hi It is just amazing how many new treatments there are now, covering lots of different types of cancer. Things can only get better!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!