Relief!

• 28 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Just had a call with my scan results. Been waiting a month and was getting a bit tense I have to say.

But I remain Stable Mabel.

Whew!

Can book a holiday and make a few plans now. 

Love and hugs to all my lovely online friends and I wish the same for you all.

Rainie x

• I think you can fly to most of them now. We went to Alderny on a small plane from Southampton.

• Hi Maggie, What part of Scotland did you visit? What was Fuerta Ventura like? Is it flat or hilly please, it's one place we haven't yet been.

Rainie, I don't think it matters where you go, as long as you go somewhere. We have had some lovely breaks in Scotland and England since Covid and enjoyed every one.

My husband and I go on Tuesday 6/10 for our 5th Covid jag and flu jag, so great timing before our holiday!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette, I went to Loch Long which is in Argyle and Bute. I stayed at a hotel on the shore of the Loch, it was really beautiful there. Visited Glasgow, Dunoon, Inveraray and some gardens. I had a wonderful time there although the long journey by coach didn’t do me any favours. Sitting down for 11 hours with just 3 short half hour breaks gave me a lot of pain. Although I love Scotland if I go again it will have to be by train. 
    Fuerta Ventura was good too. I was at Costa Calma, again lovely hotel, but the complex was built on a hill. The island itself is a mixture of relatively flat ground and hills. I did go of the complex and walk around, but mostly I just chilled out while I was there. There wasn’t very much near to where I was and I didn’t feel I could go far away safely as I was on my own. Although there were a number of hotels very close by everything seemed to be within those complexes, and nothing remotely touristy otherwise. I think the other side of the island would have been better, with more attractions and interest. 
    Have a great holiday, the sunshine will set you up wonderfully for the winter!

love and hugs 

Maggie xx 

• YayyyyyyyyyCelebrations...Holidays...sunshine and life!!!! 

• Excellent news Rainie, congratulations & enjoy that holiday!  xx

• Hi Maggie, What most people don't realise is that in Scotland once you pass Glasgow on the west and Edinburgh on the east, there are very few motorways and when it comes to the Lochs, some are single track roads, so the going is slow! I honestly don't think I could go on a bus tour. We live about 13 miles north of Glasgow and are about 25/30 minutes by car from Loch Lomond. All of the places you have visited, we have been to. In fact for about 30+ years my sister had a static holiday caravan in Dunoon, but instead of driving all the way round, we caught the car Ferry.

My husband reminded me that when we went on holiday to Lanzarote in Puerto Del Carmen and visited Fuerta Ventura for the day as we hired a car to see the island! You are right, the other side of the island is much flatter with lots of shops and restaurants but as long as you enjoyed the rest, that's the main thing!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Great news Rainie, onwards to that holiday made up for you xx

Moi

• Fantastic news Rainie, it's great to be Stable Mable. I hope that you have a lovely holiday wherever you go

Love and hugs back to you! 

Sarah