Relief!

• 28 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Just had a call with my scan results. Been waiting a month and was getting a bit tense I have to say.

But I remain Stable Mabel.

Whew!

Can book a holiday and make a few plans now. 

Love and hugs to all my lovely online friends and I wish the same for you all.

Rainie x

• You are so sensible and know Salou so well being on the flat is a bonus 

you are lucky to get the travel insurance as well.

Do have a lovely relax and change of scene. I hope the flights go ok

love xxx

Ruth 

• Thanks Ruth, When do you go to Bude? It is lovely there. We visited there when we lived in Leighton Buzzard. Did you know it was once called Bude Haven?

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette, pleased to hear that you are finally getting to go back to Salou. It’s horrible the way so many of our holidays kept getting postponed with Covid.

I finally got my holiday in Scotland in April, I had booked the year before Covid, thought it was for that year but it was for the following year. I only found out a couple of days before I thought I was due to go. I was so disappointed that I booked to go to Fuerta Ventura instead for the same date! Then of course once Covid hit, Scotland kept being put off for another year. When I eventually got there it was well worth it, of course. I am sure it will be the same for you. 
    Have a lovely time and just relax, that sounds like heaven to me.

love and hugs 

Maggie xx 

• Interesting I didn’t know that.

we go in September 18th for 3 days and will meet up with our daughter and call in to see Rogers brother on the way home 

I am trying to purchase some portable oxygen so I can walk on the beach 

I am going to ask the advice of the GPS respiratory nurse I seem to have to organise everything myself I will ring the GP practice  on Monday xxx

Ruth 

• Oh Rainie, so very pleased for you!

Big hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thanks everybody for all your good wishes. It's amazing how we feel so much lighter when those magic words come down the phone. Will now make the most of it and hope all of you have lovely holidays too. I've been too nervous to risk an aeroplane, but we've been to a few self-catering cottages so far. But am thinking about Channel Islands as a possibility..... I don't fancy a long flight wearing a facemask.  Rainie x

• Channel Islands are lovely, went in October and weather was good.

• My wife bought some to help with headaches. Came in a long aerosol with a tube to suck in in with. She bought it on Amazon.

I don't know whether it is a half an hour job or whether it would last a day. Might be easier than lugging something huge around.

I am sure the GP will know. You are right, if you don't organise it yourself it won't get done. That how we are living now. Good luck. X

• We have been to all the islands., they are all peaceful.  Really like Guernsey though. Don't speak German though.!

• Have stayed on Guernsey before and Sark and that was lovely, although the sea crossing back was awful and I couldn't think of putting myself through that again, so it'd have to be one of the islands you can fly to - as long as it wasn't in a helicopter - which I wouldn't get into for love nor money. But agree, it's a good destination. I like the idea of islands as they appeal to the romantic side of me, but the reality of getting to and fro in small boats takes the shine off as I'm a bad sailor.  Rainie x