Last day before I go into hospital and now I am anxious!

• 19 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi all,

Well I thought I was fine but, now I am getting very edgy. Went for my Covid test today ready to go in tomorrow. Now it’s getting closer and although I know having the VATS procedure is the right one, and although I am sure I will be ok, now it’s getting scary!

Daft isn’t it? 

Hope you are all ok. 
love and hugs

Maggie xx

• Oh Maggie that is so upsetting, having to wait longer for surgery. Enjoy your omelette  and chips. Hope you don't have to wait to long xx

Moi

• It's absolutely horrible when that happens, I now it's difficult but try to put the disappointment be hind you, hope everything goes as planned next time.

All the best Ulls 

• Oh no, I feel your disappointment but try and look at the positives. You wouldn't have got omelette & chips the way you like them in hospital. I just hope you don't have to wait too long for the next admission date.

Enjoy your bed tonight! x

• Oh Maggie, I was so upset reading what happened. I missed my slot in theatre one time because even the senior anaesthetist couldn't find a vein, it is so painful, I feel for you.

I hope they have a cancellation very very soon and they give you the slot. Then hopefully everything will go smoothly for you!
    I'm thinking about you!

As you will see from my answer to Ruth on the Happy Birthday Annette thread, my appointment didn't go too well either!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Maggie,

Life is tough and it makes you anxious it will happen again. All the waiting around is stressful enough without being cancelled as well.

the omelette sounds lovely xxx

Ruth 

• Bad luck Maggie. Deep breath and try and put it behind you. Another appointment will be along in a minute. Awful though when you psyche yourself up for it. Hugs. Rainie x

• Thank you all, 

I will say that I slept like a log last night, really made up for the night before and today have been pampering myself. Nails really needed attention, the cuticles had got so dry along with the rest of my skin after using hibi-scrub. So they have had a relaxing time being nourished and trimmed. They actually look much better now and are not sore!

When I went into hospital I foolishly thought I would be able to access U tube, of course I couldn’t, nor could I get films on Prime on my I-pad. DUH! So I have now downloaded films to watch and music to lose myself in,  I am hopeful that that will keep the boredom away next time. I felt cut off from everything with no news to read or emails or text chats. So at least next time I will be more prepared. I also found that I could watch the telly by the bed for free in the morning, the picture wasn’t good but I could listen to the news and see what was happening. Unfortunately I only found that out just before I came home! But I know for next time. 
    Jimmy my dog came home at lunchtime today and completely ignored me at first. Once I gave him his lunch I had lots of fuss off him, I think he was telling me off! 
    Annette I am very sorry to hear your news, that is not what you want to hear. Hopefully you will find something for the pain that will really work for you to keep you comfortable! Then you will be able to enjoy to some extent the things you like doing.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• Hi Maggie, Thanks for your thoughts but I'm sorry to say the only pain relief that works is one that knocks me out altogether, so I'd rather just stay clear of it!

Well, they say everything happens for a reason! Now we know the reason you didn't get taken the other day was so you could get your entertainment sorted out when you do have your op. It is bad enough being in hospital but without music, tv or the Internet, it makes it seem longer. I do hope you get everything put in place for a more pleasant stay next time.

Anytime I have been in hospital the wifi signal has been abismal, on one minute and off the next! The App I use for jigsaws lets you download as many as you like then you can do them offline, which I found great. Also what about BBCiPlayer? You could download films, a whole series of something and then watch them offline also.

Please let us know when you get word to go back!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette, not last time but the time before when I was in hospital, I had bloods taken at least once a day because I had sepsis, the phlebotomists were round every morning at 6am and one morning a phlebotomist just couldn't find a vein and she said to me that she would have to go in arterially and it might be a bit sore. Well it stung quite a bit but she got her blood and off she went. I had been sleeping when she arrived and she woke me by gently rubbing her hand up and down my arm which was quite nice actually.

Usually when someone wakes me I am startled, quite a lot sometimes. Maybe she had been warned because a night or two before, a nurse woke me, her face was not far above mine and I jumped about 6 inches and yelled. Another nurse was laughing because it seems that the other nurse jumped about a foot and yelled louder!

We all had a good laugh later.

Take care and stay safe Annette

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.