Last day before I go into hospital and now I am anxious!

• 19 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi all,

Well I thought I was fine but, now I am getting very edgy. Went for my Covid test today ready to go in tomorrow. Now it’s getting closer and although I know having the VATS procedure is the right one, and although I am sure I will be ok, now it’s getting scary!

Daft isn’t it? 

Hope you are all ok. 
love and hugs

Maggie xx

• No Maggie, not daft, it's perfectly natural to be anxious. Good luck tomorrow.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • I am petrified when I see the word hospital.

I think you will manage it better than me! Hugs back to you.

• You would not be human if you weren't scared, all the best Ulls 

• Good luck for tomorrow and try to get a good night’s sleep tonight. X

• I wanted to run away night before my surgery. But I never . It's natural to be nervous . But you'll come through this. Good luck for tomorrow xx

Moi

• Hi Maggie, For me, I don't start to feel anxious or worried at all UNTIL they start the admission rigmarole then I think "what am I doing back here again"! However inside you know it needs to be done, so once the admission part, with all the usual questions is done, I feel a lot better.

I'm sure the voice inside that's saying this is the right thing to do, is the sensible voice! Good luck, I hope all goes smoothly for you!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Maggie,

I don’t think there’s anything daft about your feelings, I think it’s normal. Take care and good luck

Donna

• Thinking of you. We know how you feel. It's how we all feel whenever we have another 'thing' to face. Keep something nice in mind and tick over a rhythm in your head - a fave song perhaps - it's amazing how a little displacement exercise can distract your mind. All the very best.  Rainie x

• Hi all,

thanks for all your replies and good wishes.

Well I turned up at the hospital yesterday only to find that all the pre op tests I had had done were now out of date and needed repeating! You know the sort of things that happen, can’t get blood out of one vein so the try the one right next to it and with difficulty get blood, and you have a spectacular bruise! Then the ECG, all the sticky pads are applied and before she has got very far with connecting it all up, the pads are pinging off because I am hot and sweating. Never mind the poor nurse got it done in the end. You all know the drill visits from many different drop dead gorgeous men, far to young to be doctors who tell you what is going to happen, (all of them say something slightly different!).

Time for sleep, an impossiblity as too noisy, to bright and I am on edge. Lovely nurse makes me a coffee at 4.30am as it’s the last drink I can have, and we wait, and we wait.

Morning comes along with an assorted crew of doctors etc. I am 3rd on the list but, there is an emergency patient. Surgeon still fairly hopeful that he will complete his list. I have seen breakfast being served and all the drinks, and then I watch as lunch is served. Then I get another visit from one of the team, just before 2pm, ‘sorry but surgeon is still operating on emergency patient we will have to cancel your operation.’ 
    So now I am waiting for another appointment to come and then I can get into a tight state again. 
    It’s no one’s fault but it is hard to know that I have got it all to do again. 
    I had to wait for my Daughter in law to finish work as she had my keys and I needed a lift home, so have just cooked a mushroom and cheese omelette and chips and had a coffee. Now I am going to bed to make up for yesterday’s lack of sleep. I am very tired.

love and hugs

Maggie xx