My Terminal Cervical Cancer Diagnosis

• 11 replies
  • 44 subscribers

I was recently told my cervical cancer is incurable as a big op (pelvic exenteration) was not recommended as I am 80. I just wondered if anyone else is going through this. My initial treatment of light chemo, radiotherapy and brachytherapy didn't work and cancer has come back, though not spread to other vital organs yet. It was a bit of a shock to find out nothing much can be done, though waiting for appt to see if it can be delayed at all.

• Hi Nan3942, I am sorry to hear that the chemo and radiotherapy wasn’t successful and you now find yourself here with us incurables. 

My cancer is different to yours, I have endometrial stromal sarcoma which started in the womb, but is now in both lungs. Lots of us here have been incurable for some time. You can read our journeys by clicking on our profile pictures and going to our profile page. 

I hope you find the group helpful, they are a very supportive bunch here x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you so much Chelle..

• Sorry to hear that you have joined us incurables.

i ring it helpful to talk to others in a similar situation.

i have had my diagnosis since 2009.

it is hard to know how long it will be. I now have mets  in Lungs liver and Base of skull. I try to appreciate the life I have had and the life I have left however long or  short it may be xxx

Ruth 

• .Thanks Ruth. There are some interesting groups on here so I've just joined the Express Yourself one as I like writing poems etc, just as a hobby really and also to bore my friends and relations with!. It's good therapy I find. All the best to you.

• Hi Nan, Welcome to the Group no one 'wants' to be in but after you are here for a bit, you will be glad you did join! The support here is amazing. I do hope you will find that out for yourself.

I hope they find some options for you once you get an appointment. I hope you get your appointment sooner rather than later.

Please keep us posted.

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Nan 

Sorry you find yourself on here xx

How did you find the group Express Yourself? It sound interesting.  I never seem to be able to find groups like that. Must be looking in the wrong place!

• Hello Nan,

My endometrial cancer came back after a year and I lost my spleen, part of my stomach and the tail off my pancreas. Joy!

But after a harrowing 2-month stay in hospital I have recovered and remain stable so far. But at some stage I expect another return and am awaiting scan results at present.

You may be 80 but I do hope that there is something out there for you by way of an active treatment. A lot depends on how fit you are generally. My oncologist wouldn't give me chemo at the time it would have been normally given, as it would have finished me off - so your fitness is always part of the equation. My situation is different now, as I regained a lot of strength and feel I could withstand chemo if I had to have it now.

Make sure you ask about immunotherapy options: there might be something out there. And many on here have extended their time with drug and radiation therapies, so please don't write yourself off. Keep posting on here and let us know how you are doing. Best of luck. Rainie x

• Hi. Harebellle, I found Express yourself forum by clicking on the Groups at top of the page, scrolling down and clicking on Cancer Experience Forum and found it there.

• Thanks Rainie. I'm waiting for an appointment with consultant gynaecologist in Oncology dept, so will discuss my options with him when he comes back from holiday.