If You Didn't Have Cancer...

• 24 replies
  • 51 subscribers

What do you think you would be doing in life?

This is something that just came to me. I know a lot of people would probably be working or enjoying retirement. Are there any hobbies you think you might have started?

If I didn't have Cancer I'd still be working. I work from home but it's not the same as it was. I also wanted to go around the world but haven't been able to so I know I would have done that at some point.

I certainly wouldn't have spent so much time in hospital Grinning

I often think and wonder what life could have been like.

• Well I pretty well know what I would be doing, as I had already been made housebound by collapsed disks in back, and before that I was retired early by heart disease! So I am doing roughly the same things, but in a hell of a lot more pain and general suffering as before! God knows I wish it were different, but I have been in the world of chronic illness now since 2005. The cancer is way more dominant than the other diseases combined!

Malc

• Thanks Annette, it is lovely, in the foothills of the Alpujharra Mountains about halfway between Malaga and Grenada. 3 veggie meals per day, an outside pool, usually good company, plenty of free time and decent weather even in the winter months. If you might be interested you can look up Cortija Romero and can find details. I willl seriously consider it, but would have to have break from treatment before hand , just so I felt fit enough. Even if all I did was to enjoy the company and do little of the activities. xx

• I had a look OBS. What a lovely place. I would have loved to have visited. Hope you get there.  Rainie x

• Hi Renni, we be living in Spain, we were all ready to go then this unfortunately we hadn't taken out medical insurances, still that's life