Reading

• 76 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Are you reading anything at the moment? I like to read. I'm reading Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie currently which I have read before but I love this book and can reread it always as it's very good. I find reading very relaxing and also perfect for a hot evening like tonight.

• My father died of it in 1983, my sister friend had it, and it spread to her brain, it was really awful to watch her detereate 7 month's, her first year next few days, I really miss her, a female version of me.

• i am sorry to hear that.

I lost my hubby to gullet cancer three years October, that was only months, that was horrendous

She is always with you we have to carry on for them xxx

• So sorry for your loss Ull. The lead up to an anniversary is very emotional.  Think of the good times, talk to her cos she's  always with you. That's what I do, my sister died last September.  Take care xx

• Hi Moi2, I'm currently looking after their house as male beastie is in Auz visiting his brother for 9 weeks, I talk to her picture twice a day, what a plonker I am.

The 4 of us have been friends for 40 years, our 2 families are vertually 1 my wife is like her husband a pair of worriers we don't worry about anything and have same silly humour

• Keep talking, your not a plonker. My sister worried all the time, she used to say ( your that layer back you'll fall flat on your arse one day) I'd just laugh. We keep them with us talking xx

• Ha ha ha I get accused of that 

• Of course you are a plonker. I've only got to think of my Mum and I cry, does that make me a plonker? Of course it does!

So, two plonkers, just me the more intelligent and good looking one.

• Then lol i am one , i have fall blow  conservations  with hubby, telling every thing that is going on with the word and our family, nut house coming for me, lol

• I am packed and ready for them, will be the nuttiest nuthouse ever once we all get in it.
    • I am going to share a bunk bed with Ellie, of course I will keep my eyes shut.!
  • We've just come back from staying with my brother-in-law. He lost his wife 18 months ago and he still records TV programmes for her. We could hear him chatting to her before he switched off his bedroom light - very touching.

I've got myself a whole new wardrobe - his late wife was a bit of a clothes magpie and he's given me all her clothes, mostly unworn, still with labels, we had a similar taste in clothes so I'm delighted but feels a bit weird. She was also a wonderful knitter (I knit one, drop one!) and there's at least 10 brand new jumpers, cardigans, scarves, bobble hats (will need this coming winter!)

I'll think of her every time I wear something from my late, rather gobby but very loved Kiwi sister in law.

B xx

BTW I like all genres of books but particularly like Lee Child. I get to read a lot of new authors by downloading free books onto my Kindle, some authors are really bad but sometimes you find a gem of a new author.

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett