Reading

• 76 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Are you reading anything at the moment? I like to read. I'm reading Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie currently which I have read before but I love this book and can reread it always as it's very good. I find reading very relaxing and also perfect for a hot evening like tonight.

• As soon as I turn on my kindle Ruth I start dozing. I don't mind because a nice doze is very pleasant, much better than me thrashing around in bed at night which I am wont to do.

Have you done any babysitting yet or is it too early? I bet you can't wait to have the baby and your daughter can't wait for an hour down the pub! X

• Hi ruthjp, read To kill a mockingbird at school as it was part of the exams, a really good book 

• If you watch a film or something on tv, you are watching someone else's imagination, but reading a book it's your own imagination far better, or is that just me.

• A nice doze is pleasant I agree.

No baby sitting yet still needs her Mum. We have been to the pub and the restaurant with the pram and Mum and Gran x

Ruth 

• Hi , I'm not really into that kind of thing but I'll look out for it. Thanks Rainie

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Hi Gang, I read a lot, mostly when I can't sleep at night and I wish I did fall asleep while reading! The problem with me is I am tired all the time but don't sleep much.

Anyway I love Michael Connelly's books, especially The Lincoln Lawyer (which has been made into a tv series on Netflix but I agree, nothing is as good on TV or film as it is in a book) and his Harry Bosch Series. I don't particularly like romance etc and prefer something with a good story. I have also read Blake Pierce's books, of which there are loads about the FBI, Profiling etc. I honestly don't know what I'd do without my Kindle White because I can read for hours without disturbing my husband's sleep as I don't need a light on! I have always been a "reader" but since dx I have read every day!

Ruth, it won't be long until you will be babysitting your gorgeous granddaughter. It is a fantastic feeling just watching them sleep! Enjoy every minute, you have waited long enough!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Ellie, What is the title of the book?

• If you are asking the one about the neurosurgeon,

Its is called  When Breath Becomes Air written by Paul Kalanithi,  , diagnosed incurable lung cancer,

• Hi Ellie, I don't think I'll read that book just thinking about lung cancer makes me sad.

• I have that , why sad