Gardens and gardening

• 65 replies
  • 54 subscribers

A lovely lettuce Relaxed

My Maris Piper potatoes

Broad beans and parsnips

...,and finally some exhibition onions with another 2 months of growing.

Tvman xx 

• Well done tvman. Looks excellent.

this year I have grown radishes for the first time and they came up so quickly.

this year we have grown courgettes , peas , runner beans , cucumber tomatoes.

the leeks , carrots and purple sprouting from seed will be planted out soon 

my blueberry bush and lots of berries just about to ripen 

your raised beds are lovely and so good you can still garden.

i am thinking of you with your op today xx

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth , radishes are a quick cropper, in the early growing season they can be grown between early sowings of carrots, parsnips or other slow maturing crops and the radishes will be harvested sooner.

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Yes you are right it was good to see something grow so quickly xx

Ruth 

• Well done tvman

you do very well. It must be satisfying for you and this warm weather helps everything grow  xx

Ruth 

• Hi tvman I wish my land was a large as yours, I like gardening, waiting list is very long, I should have applied when I was 21 might have gotten one by retirement, great to see you plant's doing so well, All the best Ulls 

• Dug up one of my parsnips yesterday, almost 2lb I weight 

Love life and family.
  • Oh wow  , everything is bigger at your garden wow great

• Excellent you must have very green fingers to grow veg to that size 

• Hi Tvman, Wow I hope Mrs T is making a huge pot of soup! By the way Ruthjp can still read the posts (but not post) and said that looks great, well done!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thanks very much Annette and Pet and Ulls....and everyone for your compliments. I'm sad and happy at the same time when I think about Ruth, sad that Ruth you can't post any more and happy to know you like what you see Ruth. My thoughts are with you Ruth. You were almost always first to comment on my posts and others'posts too.

Hope you enjoyed eating those radishes you were growing Ruth. Little round (or French breakfast shaped) explosions of peppery brilliance in the mouth. Overlooked by many but they lift any salad dish. I looked forward to eating them. 

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.