Countdown to my op

• 30 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Well, today on the wishes of the consultant anaesthetist I stopped taking Clopidogril and substituted aspirin. Clopidogril was given to me for a month after my heart attack almost 11 years ago. Then after my mini stroke about 4 years ago I was started on it again. It's now being withdrawn and substituted with aspirin so I don't bleed all over the place in 7 days when I get my elbow operation that I have waited for over 4 years. Yes, 4 years! The health system here in Northern Ireland is abysmally slow. I have an ulnar nerve trapped in each elbow that is pinched and needs rerouting. It's called Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, similar to carpal tunnel syndrome but in the elbow. Not sure why they're trapped, maybe because I have rested my elbows on the console and door handle of my vans for 35 years during which time I have driven over 1 million miles and I've been subjected to millions of vibrations.

The pain in both elbows wakens me and I haven't had a full night's sleep for over 6 years. Then there's my back pain....

Come 7th of July, my left elbow may be removed from pain and then the consultant and I will have a chat about my right elbow. 

I think I have problems and then  pops up with a post!

Take care everyone and stay safe

Tvman xx