Well Hospital Today, was a bit lost for words

• 17 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Had hospital appointment this morning, nothing to do with the cancer.

I

They are not sure if it is a hip replacement or knee, got to have cortisone injections into  hip, to determine.

Then the next bit, will have to get in touch with your oncologist, to see how long you have left, if its not long, then not worth  going ahead with operation.

I never ever wanted a prognosis, so if no operation, then i will not be buying a new dress, i was dum founded,

Who knows how long any one has, .

I am just lost for words,

Ellie x

• That's awful!  The ignorance of some people, let alone supposed healthcare professionals, is shocking 

• If I didn't know you Ellie I would be saying you have not understood it right. That is apalling, probably the worst thing I have heard happen. 

Of course your oncologist is not going to give a timescale, he doesn't know, no one knows.

I am sorry that you have had to go through this upsetting nonsense.

Only light in the tunnel is the injections, they may make things a bit easier. X

• Omg Ellie to be treated that way is disgusting! Surly there are better ways of communicating this with you!  I would be putting in a complaint, you are just as worthy as the next person. He wouldn’t of said to someone without cancer, I’m only going to do the op if you don’t get hit by a bus tomorrow! 

I’m so angry that you have been treated this way!  

Sending you a hug x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • F* off is the only appropriate reaction to that.  Did that person realise what they said?  Would they say "you're too old and not worth treating" to a senior person or "you're too obese to justify this treatment" to another?  Just Wow.  Cry

• Not the best choice of words is it!?. Awful. Person concerned appears lacking empathy. Needs soft skills training.

• Hi Ellie,

What a bedside manner that is. The plonker should have said that he'd be in touch with oncology to discuss your fitness for anaesthetic and risks etc.

There are ways of doing things and that wasn't it. Take no notice and buy the dress.

Amanda x

• Omg Ellie, life expectancy shouldn't come into the equation. You're in pain, you're entitled to treatment. You wouldn't treat a dog like that. I would complain to someone.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • That’s terrible Ellie. An awful way of talking to you and the last thing you need. Every day is precious and you don’t deserve to be in pain. Hopefully the cortisone will help the pain for you. 
    Nigel xx

• It should definitely be based on your fitness for the surgery I would talk to your oncologist and see what he/she thinks about this 

Ruth 

• Oh ellie, how awful for you, encountering this ignorant piece-of-work. Try to rise above it for the time being. I'd say a moan to the PALS might be in order, if you've the energy. Somebody with the wrong attitude there. Hugs all round ellie. Rainie x