Well Hospital Today, was a bit lost for words

• 17 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Had hospital appointment this morning, nothing to do with the cancer.

I

They are not sure if it is a hip replacement or knee, got to have cortisone injections into  hip, to determine.

Then the next bit, will have to get in touch with your oncologist, to see how long you have left, if its not long, then not worth  going ahead with operation.

I never ever wanted a prognosis, so if no operation, then i will not be buying a new dress, i was dum founded,

Who knows how long any one has, .

I am just lost for words,

Ellie x

• Good grief, hugs to you Ellie xxx

Sarah 

• Oh Ellie that is awful, some people have no empathy at all for how we feel. The injections are usually good. Sending hugs xx

• Oh Ellie, That is such an ignorant, unprofessional thing to say to a patient! You must have been speechless! I hope your oncologist writes to him and tells him to get on with HIS own job and leave others to do there's! No one has a crystal ball!

I had a cortisone injection in my knee on Thursday and it seems a bit better, so I hope you have a good result if you have one.

I'd be asking for a different Orthopaedic Consultant if I was you as that was a "Numpty" you saw!! Shocking!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • I had this issue with spinal surgery I needed. I asked my oncologist for a letter to give to my insurance company as it had a payout clause if I was given less than 12 months to live. She said no.  The spinal surgeon said I could have the op as I may have less than 12 months. I told him straight to speak to my oncologist and either come back with a letter or an operation date as I can’t have less than 12 months for operational purposes and more than 12  months for insurance purposes.  I got my op 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Great job Richard, your efforts help the next person who comes along.

• Good you got your operation and support from your oncologist xx

Ruth 

• I agree with everyone else Ellie, no bedside manner at all! Sorry you had to had to go through that. xx