Childhood Memories

• 1 reply
  • 43 subscribers

Hi All

When I was coming home on the bus from the hospital Friday I watched all the children coming out of their schools many dressed up in red, white and blue and wearing handmade crowns. It made me smile and I thought back to the Queen's silver jubilee. I was 10 and we were on holiday at Hoseasons and all the children had to dress up. I had a red top and a navy skirt, socks with red white and blue on. I also had to wear red,white and blue ribbons in my thick ginger hair in 2 big bunches. I think I invented the Ginger Spice girl well before Geri did. I remember sulking as I looked like a big doll.

What I remember most is how my dear mum loved to dress the windows at home if there was a royal wedding or jubilee. Mum even dressed the window once when Spurs reached the F.A cup final (many many years ago)

So in honour of my mum I bought some bunting and a poster and my lovely hubby put it up for me, luckily before it rained. It may be the only house decorated in my road but it’s bought me happy memories to think about instead of this bloody Cancer.

AnnieCB