Not such good news

• 14 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi friends, I didn't have such good news yesterday. I was supposed to go to my great nephew's 18th family birthday party but I had to ring my sister in law to say that I wasn't feeling up to it. She was married to my elder brother and he unfortunately died a couple of years ago. He and I were very close and it hit me hard at the time. I also spoke to my only other brother on the phone to say I wouldn't see him there. I am his only blood relative left.

I have a blood cancer and I received my latest blood picture from my haematologist yesterday which showed that although my haemaglobin wasn't too bad, my neutrophils were low and my platelets wereDisappointed relieved quite low. They, (the neutrophils), have always been steady but now they seem to be going the same way as the other two constituents. I shed a tear or two after speaking to my brother Disappointed relieved 

I think my low mood began after posting a message on the Community News which is at the bottom of this page. It's entitled something like "Telling children about cancer". I can't remember the exact title and I don't want to go to find it and discover that I've lost this post.

My little Toyota Yaris broke down with a broken rear axle yesterday. I've had her from new since 2006, it has clocked up over 150,000 miles and I've just paid almost £350 to get her ready for MOT which is on Monday. The garage mechanic phoned me yesterday morning to say that he has sourced a rear axle from a local scrapyard and he'll do his best to get it ready for Monday's appointment. 

So mixed emotions yesterday, mainly the wrong sort.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

• That’s good you can see your brother once a month we see our son once a month he drives from London to see us. family is so important 

Lots  of share the understanding of fatigue and enjoy the good times when we can.

i had to give up driving because of my double vision so we have one car. I still find it tough losing my independence after driving for 50 years xx

Ruth 

• Hi Tvman

i am sorry to hear that. It’s very difficult dealing with multiple things going wrong in our situation. I really hope the medical team can sort things out for you. Sounds like the car is fixable which is good news.

Nigel

• Hi Tvman,

Sorry that you couldn't meet you family at your great nephews birthday party, it is best to listen to your body and mind making decisions about what you are able to do, but it is hard sometimes isn't it.

Best wishes for your little cars MOT tomorrow. I hope that you feel better soon. 

Sarah 

• Hello tvman, Sorry to hear your latest. I don't know why it is, but it often seems that when you're trying to process one bad thing, along comes something else to make it feel worse. No wonder you're feeling low. Well, try to think of the latter as just something that was going to happen at some point and it was just bad timing. You've got a lot of use out of that car! Given your situation, maybe you could think of looking into motability? It could help make your life easier perhaps?

I wish you all the luck with your blood tests and hope they are soon returned to harmony. Rainie x