Not such good news

• 14 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi friends, I didn't have such good news yesterday. I was supposed to go to my great nephew's 18th family birthday party but I had to ring my sister in law to say that I wasn't feeling up to it. She was married to my elder brother and he unfortunately died a couple of years ago. He and I were very close and it hit me hard at the time. I also spoke to my only other brother on the phone to say I wouldn't see him there. I am his only blood relative left.

I have a blood cancer and I received my latest blood picture from my haematologist yesterday which showed that although my haemaglobin wasn't too bad, my neutrophils were low and my platelets wereDisappointed relieved quite low. They, (the neutrophils), have always been steady but now they seem to be going the same way as the other two constituents. I shed a tear or two after speaking to my brother Disappointed relieved 

I think my low mood began after posting a message on the Community News which is at the bottom of this page. It's entitled something like "Telling children about cancer". I can't remember the exact title and I don't want to go to find it and discover that I've lost this post.

My little Toyota Yaris broke down with a broken rear axle yesterday. I've had her from new since 2006, it has clocked up over 150,000 miles and I've just paid almost £350 to get her ready for MOT which is on Monday. The garage mechanic phoned me yesterday morning to say that he has sourced a rear axle from a local scrapyard and he'll do his best to get it ready for Monday's appointment. 

So mixed emotions yesterday, mainly the wrong sort.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

• Sorry to hear your news i am sure the medical team will sort you out and you will feel much better and your car is in progress so chin up and your family will understand so don't fret xxx

Flippen
  • Thanks Flippen, your reply is very welcome and I always value your input. I am going to add something to the original post in a few minutes, I somehow forgot to add it!

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Sorry to hear this hopefully your results are only a blip and recover quickly also fingers crossed your car gets sorted

Keith 

• Thanks Keith, your views are welcome. As I've replied to Popgate's post, I have edited the original post, don't know how I forgot it!

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Sorry to hear it’s all negative things for you at the moment hopefully the mechanic can fix the car and the medical team can fix your levels, positive vibes being sent your way

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Hi tvman,

sorry to hear your news. News like that can  set us back emotionally and also not to feel well enough to see your great nephew and brother.  I hope you get to see them soon when you are feeling better.

i have good days and crash out with fatigue in the afternoons. 

sorry about the car it’s weird we get attached to cars when we have had them a long time.

xxx

Ruth 

• Thank you Richard, positive vibes gratefully received Smiley 

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Thanks Ruth, I am looking forward to seeing my brother. He comes to see me once a month usually and we go out for lunch. I normally don't get up until lunchtime because of fatigue caused by the blood cancer. I'll maybe work for a couple of hours and after dinner I'll fall asleep on the settee. 

I don't drive the car much, my wife takes it to work and back and when I was working I always had my truck to get around in. 

Still, the thought of losing the car and then in two years my wife retires. I then have the dilemma of keeping the motability car or using that money for a car between us.

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Oh , that has been a really shitty day for you. I hope they have something they can do for you? You know, i think it helps to have a cry now and then...just let it out. 

About the car...i get you there...my yaris is 11 now and i call her my little red girl Slight smile, don't wanna loose her ether ...good you have a great mechanic..big hug to you. Pet

• Hi Tvman , all these set backs knock the stuffing out of us all, but were still here to fight another day. When uour feeling a bit better you can see your family again X