TV watching choices

• 25 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Morning chums.For months and months now my choice of late evening TV is all of the A&E programmes.

The ambulances, the helicopter meds, the nurses and everyone involves in accident traumas.

When at work I was always a first aider and I have probably had a dozen occasions since to use those skills. 

Does anyone else share my fascination with this? If not, what niche choices have you all made?

I also watch Corrie but I blame that to growing up with three sisters and my Mum all being fans.

( bit sexist that, great) 

• I’m a huge soap fan, and Downton Abbey of course.

Good luck tomorrow Ted x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi All, Well Ted, I do actually like the A&E, plus Helicopter Rescue etc. I quite like one or two of the FBI programmes, Major Crimes, etc.The only soap I watch is Emmerdale. I hate all these so called "Reality" programs, they are just cheap TV in my opinion!

Ted, I hope you get sorted out at the hospital. I spent most of the day today in the Day Unit at the hospital having a few tests and full bloods done. I have a kidney infection that's not clearing and they are trying to find out why.

Anyway folks, my husband and I are going away for the weekend to Pitlochry, which is not too far from where we live, so you won't be hearing from me for quite a few days! I'm taking my older iPad with me as I have my Games App on it with Jigsaws, spot the difference, scrabble, solitaire etc etc on it. I di get the Internet but I can't get into this site because the Browser is too old. So I will love you and leave you for the weekend. Take care ALL!!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Have a lovely weekend Annette, Mrs Tvman and I have been to or through many places in Scotland and Pitlochry was one when we were travelling from Edinburgh to Aviemore. What a lovely part of the world, fantastic views. I'm more than a little jealous Annette.

Enjoy yourselves and take care.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Yes I agree. I have been to Pitlochry quite a few times. I love the Highlands. As Tvman says, a lovely part part of the World. A bit of a drive from Sussex but always worth it!  Have a lovely weekend Annette.

Nigel xx

• Yes Nigel , it must be quite a drive. It's an hour's drive from our house to the port of Belfast then 2 hours 20 mins on the ferry to Cairnryan, 3 hours to Perth and then the drive up to the Highlands which is why we fly to Aberdeen and hire a car when we go to visit our son! 

Take care and stay safe Nigel

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Have a lovely weekend let us know how it went when you get back.

sorry about the infection it must get you down. 
    enjoy your games Emmerdale is exciting at the moment x

Ruth 

• Oh yessssssssssssss, love them all. The best i saw was 999 Critical care....

• Ted, Why are you watching hospital dramas? Sort of coals to Newcastle. I can't watch anything like Casualty. It's all about relationships. Just imagine if the real hospital ran like that. All the staff so caught up in their own issues that the patients only rate a brief glance inbetween clinches in the staff room. But it can be fun I suppose spotting the old-actor-in-a-hospital-bed.  It must be a bit of a downer to end up with parts like that after a lifetime of stage and screen.

We don't watch anything much on terrestial TV. So much tripe and repeats. I like a good war film but you need a break from those. We watched a very funny film called 'Brighton' on Prime the other evening. Totally UN-PC and very funny. Full of good observations. Lots of great British character actors.  Also watch music concerts regularly as so uplifting.  

All the best with the hospital fiddling-about-with-ya-bits appointment. Poor you.

Rainie x

• I watched Help.

it is on more 4 and won the bafta 

stars Jodie Cromer and Stephen Graham about care homes in the pandemic 

quite emotional but very good 

Ruth 

• The medical programmes I watch are real life documentaries. I am just so impressed by what the doctors and nurses put up with when all they want to do is have ten minutes rest before the next trauma patient.

In saying that the consultant I saw yesterday was useless. I couldn't understand him, maybe he couldn't understand me!

Never mind, still alive and breathing! ( me that is)