TV watching choices

• 25 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Morning chums.For months and months now my choice of late evening TV is all of the A&E programmes.

The ambulances, the helicopter meds, the nurses and everyone involves in accident traumas.

When at work I was always a first aider and I have probably had a dozen occasions since to use those skills. 

Does anyone else share my fascination with this? If not, what niche choices have you all made?

I also watch Corrie but I blame that to growing up with three sisters and my Mum all being fans.

( bit sexist that, great) 

• Hi Everyone, Well I see quite a few of you have been to Pitlochry and some have travelled a long way to get there! We are under 2 hours in the car, door to door, we are so lucky and Loch Lomond is only 30 minutes away!

We had a lovely weekend and the Craigvrach Hotel was as friendly and comfortable as always. It was dry with some sunshine, the only rain we saw was on our way home today, so that was fantastic! There was a cycle race on yesterday that started and finished in Pitlochry. One lot of cyclers were doing the 40mile route and others the 80 mile route, going round Lochs and up and down mountains. The roads were closed from 4.30am when it started getting light and 1pm by which time most were finished. There were over 5,000 keen cyclists!  It was a sight to behold!

Yes Ruth, Emmerdale is the ONLY soap I watch and the stories are usually good. Ted, I too like the reality hospital type documentaries. It always amazes me just what they can do these days! I particularly enjoy the Air Ambulance ones.

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Lovely to have a break away in a hotel. Sounds as though you enjoyed yourselves 

we thought about a trip to Cornwall again but are waiting to see the baby is born safel first.

Emmerdale is a good soap but I also enjoy Corrie which also has good stories. 
    i will miss Neighbours when it goes.

does anyone here watch neighbours ?

i think I am an addict to these 3 soaps but I don’t do East Enders 

I like Agatha Christie in the afternoons though mostly I lose the plot and fall asleep. I enjoy the acting.

Having spent all my working life in the NHS a i a old hospital dramas. I did enjoy the Yorkshire Midwives seeing all the new babies 

sorry to ramble xx

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth, I don't watch soaps at all now, I like to watch some ambulance programmes occasionally. I stopped watching EastEnders years ago, it's doom and gloom, never seems to have laughter just scowls, millions of them.

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Ruth, I used to watch neighbours back in the day when Kylie & Jason were in it but last week I flicked channels and it was on. I couldn't believe how much the guy Paul (don't know his real name) had changed, he looks so old but then it has been running for a long time.

How exciting it is almost time for your grandchild to be born. I know you have waited a long time for this and at one time you thought it would never happen, whereas I always knew it would one day come. Please keep me posted!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Yes I will xx

Ruth