TV watching choices

• 25 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Morning chums.For months and months now my choice of late evening TV is all of the A&E programmes.

The ambulances, the helicopter meds, the nurses and everyone involves in accident traumas.

When at work I was always a first aider and I have probably had a dozen occasions since to use those skills. 

Does anyone else share my fascination with this? If not, what niche choices have you all made?

I also watch Corrie but I blame that to growing up with three sisters and my Mum all being fans.

( bit sexist that, great) 

• Yes I’m sitting in hospital watching 24 hrs in a&e , 999 what’s your emergency etc etc. 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Put a stethoscope around your neck and give the resus team a break! 

Get some recreational drugs while you are at it and offer them to needy forum members, me!.

• I don't watch much TV at all now.  But I've flagged up the Channel 4 drama "Suspect" with Sam Heughan (Jamie Fraser from Starz Outlander fame). 

I'm not sure about A&E after the cancer sh1tshow now.  Why watch it on TV when you get to take part in real life?!  7 hours I was there for nothing imo.  7 hours!  Shift change and I was forgotten.  I just announced I was leaving at 9pm and politely asked them to take out my canula.  But I was millimetres away from walking out and visiting a nurse neighbour to take it out for me.  See what raw nerves you have touched today ted Grimacing

• Even I can't believe what nonsense I post!

I am booked in for work on my gentlemen's sausage tomorrow so I should really just be watching gardening programmes! I won't be reporting back on that you will be pleased to hear.

Sorry Mmum.

• I am booked in for work on my gentlemen's sausage tomorrow

Yeah like watching an airplane crash documentary the night before you go on a flight.  Me - Guilty!

• We cant believe what nonsense you post either. Good luck with tomorrow though.

At the moment to stop my blood pressure going trhough the roof,  I watch "walking with..." on bbc4 at 7.30pm rather than watch the news. Some lovely places and interesting observations and insights into people. Tonight is Vic Reeves on the Dungeness coast.

I used to watch the a nd e progs, but got tired of them. The series Hospital which went behind the scenes and showed the difficult decisons being made by Managers and surgeons etc, was interesting and thought provoking.

• The Vic Reeves episode at Dungeness is excellent. It’s a lovely series.

Nigel

• Good luck tomorrow.

i don’t like watching medical programmes much I did enjoy the Yorkshire midwives and this going to hurt.

I follow Corrie and Emmerdale I am sad neighbours is ending 

Ruth 

• I do seem to watch a lot of surgery programs or other front line medical documentaries- I don’t want to, but I’m morbidly drawn to them. For some reason dramas based during a war as well.

then perhaps more normal, I do like comedy. I think most people would understand that and not judge as much anyway Joy

I do like Brian Cox’s space series’ as well