Albert and Victoria

• 26 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I was so happy to see them both back on the pond this morning. Albert was happy too, showing off doing handstands. I am really hoping Victoria has been nesting, and we will have ducklings soon. 

• I prefer the smaller cruise ships Chelle, I wouldn't say that they're more intimate but for somewhere like the Norwegian Fjords, they can go where the larger ships can't.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I remember the series "Howards Way"!  I was a teen at the time and I thought the actor who played the lead character was good looking lol  Also years later (1995/6). . . . . . I worked at the OS in Southampton and I lived in Romsey and Southampton itself for a time.  I distinctly remember Hamble. We used to go there to play hockey sometimes (i think?), although perhaps it was the retail or the climbing wall I'm remembering.  Thanks for the memories of that time in my life!  

• Hi Chelle, Howard's Way was about 26/27 years ago, going by others' dates so I'd guess about 90+ of us remember that! I never watched it but Mrs Tvman was an avid viewer..I do remember the theme tune though, it was very distinctive and if I heard it again I could probably identify it.

I love to be at the water's edge and used to drive to the Lagan in Belfast with Mrs Tvman and walk along the towpath with her when I didn't have a back condition but then a woman was murdered there and the shine was tarnished. We have hardly been back since and I do miss it, now that almost dying out flame has been rekindled, I think we'll start going again.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I still re watch Howard’s way from time to time, as I have the box set on DVD. It is interesting to see how much the area has changed over the years. When I was researching my ancestry line, I found that my great great grandparents were the landlords of the Jolly sailor, which is the pub featured in the programme x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Well not quite ducks, but my dog has been keen to go exploring at the bottom of the garden, especially late at night, so I knew there was something down there. So I put a camera down there last night, and had a little visitor.

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Is that a hedgehog?

i thought it was a badger at first.

nice you have a home for wild life x

Ruth 

• Yes it is a hedgehog. We do have badgers and deer that come past the front of the house. Unfortunately they are building more houses in the field next to us, and all the wildlife will be pushed further down. X 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Chelle beautiful just beautiful, your posts keep me going and bring a smile to my face. Beautiful place you live and the activities you can do from your front door inspire me to look closer at the beautiful area around me. Have a good day and take care.

Donna

• He was back again last night, so we’ve been out today and bought a hog house. We’ve put some hay in there, and will put some water and food out before we go to bed. Then just hope he likes what he finds tonight. Fingers crossed x 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • What a life any animal gets that calls into your country estate, lucky sods!