Claims

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 20 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hello, I know most of you must be aware, but you may be able to claim ESA, if unable to work and PIP support. 
Macmillan have been really helpful in helping me to claim PIP for my cancer, as it’s incurable. 
Just making people aware in case you are not. 

If you are unsure, ask Macmillan and they will help you. 

love jane xxx 

• Hi Jane, I’m glad you got that sorted. The thing with benefits is nobody ever tells you what you are actually entitled too, you have to ask for yourself.  There are lots of people who are not aware that they are entitled to claim, so thank you for mentioning this.

If you are not sure, put in a claim. You may be surprised x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi , great you got sorted thanks to the great MacMillan help. I'd guess most of us know how great they are but all credit to you for caring about us. They helped me massively to get DLA as it was then, and saying to me that if I was turned down, to come back to them but I didn't need to.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Thank you. I’d rather not be eligible, obviously. But I want to claim what I can as I won’t get my pension, and still have a family to take care of. 
    I think the fact that we are all in this group, makes us eligible for both claims. 
    xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jane, I hope you're having a lovely day and feeling really well today HeartHugging 

Thank you so much for sharing this here with everyone. I don't really understand how ESA works. I'm not sure if I'm entitled to it. I did some volunteering at one point but stopped because I was to ill. I've never actually had a job though so I'm not sure if I could do ESA.

It's probably not worth it for me anyway, but thanks for sharing this so many people will find this really helpful ^-^

Best wishes and hugs,

Jess xx

• It is worth it Jess, you may not have worked but you will be entitled to some benefits - speak to the finance team at Mc Millan and they will advise you.  You have a right to income, even if you live at home. So many people dont know what they are entitled to and it is not right. Imagine having a little bit of money so you can treat yourself and others around you, just the odd box of chocs and a bunch of flowers can make a big difference.

xx

• Ownedbystaffies is right  it doesn’t hurt to find out what benefits you may be entitled too. Call Macmillan’s on 0808 808 00 00 and they will go through it all with you. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Jess. Had a nice day thank you, went for lunch with my family. Hope you had nice day. 
    I agree with the others, it’s definitely worth trying, you’ll be entitled to something, and Macmillan were really helpful. I started an online chat, but they were near closing time, so he called me in the morning and went through everything. 
    xxx

• Yes Macmillan put me straight to  what I was entitled  too back in 2018. They where so helpful. Speak to them Jess, it's always worth a try Heart

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ownedbystaffies

Thank you so much for your message ownedbystaffies Heart️ This gives me a lot to think about. I'm tempted to but I do worry in case I'm not entitled. I think I will give them a call tomorrow if I'm feeling well. Would be nice to treat my family to something to say thank you for all they have done and do for me xx

I think it would make a big positive difference if I'm entitled.

Hugs xxx

Jess xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Hii Chelle, yes I think you are right. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow hopefully. It doesn't hurt to have a little chat and find out Slight smile

Hugs xxx

Jess xx