Night Sweats

• 28 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Who experiences these then?!   

Around diagnosis time, I became aware of waking up in the night, and feeling a bit clammy.  I bought more PJs so the wash wasn't challenged.  Then I made the connection with the cancer.

After I started my treatment, it all stopped.  I stopped waking up at 2am, 3am, 4am and I wasn't waking-up clammy either.  

But recently (last 2 weeks) the night sweats have returned with a vengance.  Wet PJs and a wet patch on the bed sheet now though.   

I can't work out whether it's the cancer causing it, my body fighting the cancer or the ipi/nivo in my system or affecting my hormone levels.  

I spoke about it with my oncology consultant at the end of March when I'd just had a singe occurrence since starting immunotherapy.  The odd adhoc one is nothing to worry about, he said.  So, of course I'm not turning that logic the other other way round and making a judgement that regular occurrences are a poor indicator! 

I wonder if this the new normal and I just have to accept it and get used to it. . . . . . .   it really is true that the only certainty is that there is uncertainty!  

• Hey Jess, everyone has an off day or a hundred Kissing heart 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Sending hugs to you my lovely friend xx Heart

• Well sunshine here today, had 28 degrees and we did go to the market's...nice . But now i'm sooooo tired, must be getting old.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pet1968

Hii Pet, glad to hear you have some lovely sunshine today ^-^ I love the sun it makes me feel so much better! I'm sorry you are tired, sending you lots of hugs Xxx Heart️ Your not getting old lovely person, your just going through tough times. Sending you more hugs xx

Jess xx

• I am also suffering from night sweats and wake up freezing cold and soaking wet. I don’t know whether it’s the cancer or menopause although I stopped having periods some years ago and didn’t have many hot flushes back then. I’m interested in the Provera. Does anyone know what it is and whether it’s hormonal or to do with a chemical imbalance?

• Hi Katgi. I use provera for sweats. I have got prostate cancer so it is part of my hormone treatment. My GP prescribed it, pretty well did away with my sweata overnight.

ask your GP or onco, their advice should tell whether it will be of use to you. I hope so. 

• Firstly, your reference to uncertainties. Yes everything is and its helped me to get through each day.  So each day is precious. It took me years to appreciate this. 

Night sweats - yes it was the path that lead to illeocecal diagnosis after 5 Years of misdiagnosis. I would wake up each night like a scene out of Titanic. Drs initially just dismissed it. Then thought lymphoma like my mum. They looked in wrong bowel. It was in that long thin 28 feet long bowel. called small bowel. So yep, its real, not sure why. Also i could smell.something on me that was the same as mum....drs laughed.

• Yes, I try to appreciate the small things every day and the times when I feel ok and am out with friends yes life is full of uncertainties 

those sweats sounded awful xx

Ruth