Please post. Something. Anything.

• 144 replies
  • 52 subscribers

As has been said before there are loads of members who do not post but get pleasure, help and useful information by just looking at what has been posted. We have always welcomed the lurkers as one day they may become posters and give support to one of us.

There used to be a regular nightshift on here, people who don't sleep well or live in a different country with a different time zone.

We have an Aussie, a Kiwi and a yank who  used to entertain us. Annette who is half owl was a regular.

So no excuses, if you are awake then post.

You are leaving yourself open to more of my drivel if you don't.

Now of course we have chums who aren't doing so well at present, they may not be up to posting but might get a bit of comfort when they see their friends in here. Best wishes to all of them.

That's it.

• Hope we can hear more from you Annette x

Ruth 

• We used to hear a lot from Annette, mostly admonishment!

Thank you everyone for posting, I don't have to dilute the common sense with my inane efforts now!

• Hi All

I used to sleep right through the night due to morphine. Now I've weaned myself off it and thankfully no pain if I wake up I can't be bothered to get out of bed in the cold.

I haven't noticed Norberry's posts for a while, has he left? I know he was always being admonished bt his posts always brought a smile to my face.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• [deleted]

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Barb that is great to hear you are pain free, and no longer need the morphine. Long may that continue for you x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • I think I just flagged a comment by catching the report button whilst reading ,very sorry whoever it was I hope noones in bother

• It’s currently 3:28 am , don’t you just love the side effects of steroids. 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• I'm not on steroids Richard but in pain. Since my back issue (severe spinal stenosis) started in 2015 I've been woken once or twice a night by either that or elbow pain due to a trapped nerve (cubital tunnel syndrome) in both elbows. At last I'm very close to have an operation after 4 long years on the waiting list. This Monday I have a pre op assessment so I'm very close.

I used to chat regularly with friends old and new on the site. Unfortunately most have departed this life but my good friend Annette (anndanv) is still here although she tends to be awake around 1to 2am.

I hope your steroid issue leaves you soon Richard

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • , fear not it's a regular occurrence for me, I have trapped nerves in my back that cause involuntary finger jerks that frequently flag posts to the moderator. My last flag to moderator was for one of my own posts!

Contact community@macmillan.co.uk by email and explain to the very understanding and friendly moderator although he or she has probably guessed that by now. I can assure you that it occurs with others too Elliekate so don't be too concerned. 

Take care and stay safe Elliekate

Tvman xx

Love life and family.