Please post. Something. Anything.

• 144 replies
  • 52 subscribers

As has been said before there are loads of members who do not post but get pleasure, help and useful information by just looking at what has been posted. We have always welcomed the lurkers as one day they may become posters and give support to one of us.

There used to be a regular nightshift on here, people who don't sleep well or live in a different country with a different time zone.

We have an Aussie, a Kiwi and a yank who  used to entertain us. Annette who is half owl was a regular.

So no excuses, if you are awake then post.

You are leaving yourself open to more of my drivel if you don't.

Now of course we have chums who aren't doing so well at present, they may not be up to posting but might get a bit of comfort when they see their friends in here. Best wishes to all of them.

That's it.

• That is one awful thing followed by another. It does make upsetting reading and I am sorry that I can offer nothing but sympathy. There are loads on this forum who will identify with you, your symptoms and your treatment.

I am glad you have a good team that are on your case. Best wishes. X

• You have had a bumpy journey to here, welcome and commiserations 

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• Hi Kathryn 

Welcome to this corner of the site Kathryn, pleased to meet you although I'd much rather we met elsewhere.  My good friend on this site,  comes from the Inverness area and he may pop in to say hello. He frequently greets new members in the New to the site or New here, just can't quite remember what it's called. Maybe you have already met him. 

It's early in the morning but not as early as I normally wake up because of back pain or ulnar nerve pain. As with you, you can read my profile for the info but I can tell you that it's not as hard a read as yours although can any of us say that finding out we have an incurable cancer is any easier than the next person? 

Your family history needs an arm around your shoulders ((hugs)). I hope you feel comforted and befriended here by everyone. There's quite a varied personnel here, all with one horrible diagnosis of cancer in common. Only another couple of hours before Mrs Tvman wakes up and bless her she's good at making the first cup of tea of the day. On occasion I do the same for her, mostly at the weekend because she is isn't at work then.

Sadly she has been off the last 6 weeks due to a chest infection. The same ailment had me in hospital a few months ago with a seriously high temperature and a  "body like a radiator" as the ambulance men said, which had a side effect of sepsis. 

Starting to get light outside now.

I look forward to chatting with you for the foreseeable, Kathryn.

Take care and stay safe Kathryn.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Welcome Kathryn. Annette is also from  Scotland I have enjoyed visiting the highlands and the beautiful scenery.

i am sorry you had to join us and have had a rough road. 
    we ar here for you xx

Ruth 

• Hi Kathryn, welcome, I have just read your post, your family is just like mine cancer preverlent throughout, whilst I can't be with you, my thoughts and hopes will be, during this dark part of our lives.

I try to cope with it by using humour, till I can wake up properly, all the best Ulls.

• Hi  welcome to the group but so sorry you are found yourself here. We are a similar age, and I have been living with cancer in my family since I was 16, when my mum and aunt were both diagnosed with breast cancer just one week apart. They were involved in a research programme, and my mum was the first person in the uk to be diagnosed with BRCA1.  I was tested for the gene myself, which came back negative, but I have ended up with cancer anyway, and have had cancer myself since 2009, incurable since 2014. 

I am on a very similar treatment to you, as my sarcoma is oestrogen positive, so my treatment is the same as for breast cancer. 

I look forward to chatting to you more here. Have a lovely Easter weekend x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Kathryn!

I'm not that far from you, I'm in Inverurie, just down the A96.

Welcome to the group. I've been here a few weeks now and find it to be really welcoming and friendly.

Sorry to see you here but we're all going through the same thing, at different stages.

Christine x

• Thanks Ted Pray tone1Hugging and thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I'll reply in more detail to all of your lovely messages later.

We're heading off to Foulis Castle for their fundraising Daffodil Day Tea this afternoon from 2pm.

Happy Easter to you all Rabbit2Hatching chickBlossom

Kathryn x 

When you're going through hell, don't stop!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Brainybunch

Hii Kathryn, welcome here, though I wish you didn't find yourself here Heart️ I was so sad reading your journey, how awful for you.. hugs xx 

I'm sorry I didn't see your first message. X

I hope you will get lots of support and love here, I see others have already given you lots and I will as well.

Keep smiling lovely. We are all here with you during these dark times xx

Sending you lots of love and hugs,

Jess xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good night lovely people. I am very tired now and need some rest xx

I hope you have all had lovely days and are feeling well HeartHugging

Hugs,

Jess xx