PIP payments?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi. 

Just a quick question, does anyone claim this benefit, as I’m getting a bit confused online as to whether I am entitled or not? 
I can still do everything, and quite mobile, but still have a terminal illness. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather not be eligible, but want to claim what I can, as paid my full stamp and so t get my pension. 
Thank you 

jane xx 

• I’ve not looked at PIP. I have looked at ESA allowance but the moment I registered an interest in applying to see if I could claim the DWP put a claim into the tax office and froze half my tax code in case they needed it. So I needed up paying more tax for 2 months till I could close the claim and get the dwp to tell the tax man to let it go

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Hi Jane

I have pip but nothing to do with cancer. About 3 or 4 months after my cancer I started to get pains down my left leg which got progressively worse and 6 months later I was in a wheelchair. 

MacMillan have a helpline to ring for information about such things as pip. 

Good luck Jane

Take care and stay safe

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Jane,

you can claim pip if you have an illness that means you need help in daily living, but also if your doctor has declared your illness terminal. Contact your local Citizens Advice for help in application 

• Hi Jane

I should explain that there are two components to PIP, one for care and one for mobility

Because I have terrible back pain and I can't walk more than a few paces, I need a wheelchair to get around. I get the higher award for mobility. There is a lesser award for mobility but you need the higher award to get a motability car if you so wish. Motability takes the whole amount for most of the cars. A few of the more basic cars don't take quite as much.

Depending on how much care you need will pay the standard or higher amount. If you need a lot of care you can be awarded the higher amount. 

Take care and stay safe Jane

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Jane, there are some benefits, such as PIP, which are not means tested, so is a good idea to see if you are eligible for these. There are lots of ways you can get help with this here in the online community. You can ask the finance expert here in the community, I'll pop a link here for you.

ask-a-financial-guide

You can also go to the chat section on the Ask An Expert page, a little chat bubble pops up at the bottom of the page.

You can also call the Macmillan support line on 0808 808 00 00 and they can arrange for you to talk to a financial advisor. 

Hope this helps 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Ok thank you Chelle, I’ll have a look xx 

• Just like to recommend the website 'Benefits and Work' for anybody claiming anything from the DWP. They are a brilliant bunch of people and they have downloadable guides as to how to fill in all the forms. There's also a forum with helpful advisors manning it. You pay a small fee for the help but it's worth every penny.  Rainie x