Poshness due to education.

• 66 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Now in an earlier thread I accused our multi talented friend Rainieday of poshness. Only banter of course.

( although I am sure she is)

She blamed her grammar school education. I went to a grammar school but listening to my mangled syntax and diction no one could ever accuse me of poshness.I

Ellie73 also accuses me of being posh on the basis that we shop in Waitrose, but I think that's more acceptable than shoplifting in Aldi. (Not making suggestions here, just saying)

There seems to be a fancy on here to judge.

Now, knowing me as some of you do, possibly based on my posts, would you invite me to lunch with your best friend in daylight or would the very idea make you feel sick?

Don't be polite, don't beat around the bush, say what you think. ( as long as it won't upset me, I am a bit fragile)

• That's very good tvman. Even though I'm on the vulnerable list only 1 delivery every 2 weeks from Tesco. Co op delivered in the hour and Ice land next day. But my lovely lady next door complained I never used her ! so asked her to get me eggs and wine we shared the wine over the garden fence ha ha x
  • Is it? Well maybe geese are big on Karma?  Rainie

• Oh Ted thank you so much to offer to extend my much needed education, my hole family will be very grateful. You'll have a hard job as I'm  a bit ruff round the edges and play truant alot ha ha ha X

• Stanley Baxter could be very funny and we liked him in drag. Do you remember that amazing Zeigfeld Follies thing he did with all the girls? Must have cost a fortune. I also liked his 'adverts' such as Malpeasers.

I had to liase with a colleague in Glasgow and found his accent very hard to decipher, but I found the Newcastle accent even harder. My friend who came from South Shields even had difficulty with that when we went into town. Talking of Billy Connelly, I remember an earlier sketch about somebody wearing some incontinance pants. We all had stomach ache from laughing it was so funny.  Rainie x

• Don't you worry, I'm big on discipline and detention, thats the part that Ellie73 likes best. it will be worth the pain. I will set you some homework for the Easter break along with the rules, there are a lot of rules! You may get some feedback from previous clients regarding the police. Just a misunderstanding, no need for concern. Xx

• Hope it was a misunderstanding?? I promise not to tell my 5 nephews and nieces who are police officers. Looking forward to lessons, have been known to give teachers a nervous breakdown,  but sure you'll  survive x

• We used to get a detention for not having our raincoat belt fastened. And if we turned down the brim on our bowler hats that was deemed an offence too. They had a special ruler too for making sure your skirts weren't too short, but we just turned them over at the waist when we went home. Anyone else have funny rules at their school?  Rainie x

• Didn't seem to have those fashion problems, of course, it was an all boys school. No, I didn't grow up odd, well maybe a bit.

The only serious rule was to doff our cap to any female when we were outside the school gates. That's why I am such a gentleman still.

• Yes, I've noticed the doffing.  Rainie x

• Oh Ted, you've just brought back a memory of my dad. He always wore a shirt and tie and outdoors a hat (not a cap) and always touched it when we met a lady. He was a real gentleman too. Glad to hear you were taught some manners.
    What happened!!  LOL!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!