Poshness due to education.

• 66 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Now in an earlier thread I accused our multi talented friend Rainieday of poshness. Only banter of course.

( although I am sure she is)

She blamed her grammar school education. I went to a grammar school but listening to my mangled syntax and diction no one could ever accuse me of poshness.I

Ellie73 also accuses me of being posh on the basis that we shop in Waitrose, but I think that's more acceptable than shoplifting in Aldi. (Not making suggestions here, just saying)

There seems to be a fancy on here to judge.

Now, knowing me as some of you do, possibly based on my posts, would you invite me to lunch with your best friend in daylight or would the very idea make you feel sick?

Don't be polite, don't beat around the bush, say what you think. ( as long as it won't upset me, I am a bit fragile)

• But thinking about it, this forum champions and defends the right to munch what you like.

Saying you would starve rather than eat foie gras is possibly offensive to those who do.

I need to consider if there has been a policy clash here.

Judgement in due course.

• If you have ever seen how this is made you would find it offensive too. I can supply a video link if you can stomach it. xxx

• Mrs Ted has just told me off and wholly agreed with my ( hopefully still) friend Rainie. Back on with the dunces cap.

• I'd invite you to lunch, at least once.  There would be no foie gras but Mr Salis likes to smoke bacon and salmon so you may be offered either a bacon butty or smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese and lumpfish caviar.

In fact, you are all invited, contributions to lunch welcome, though your poshness may judged by your contribution!

Fork knife plate

Sarah 

• No cannibalism please

Sarah 

• As much as would fit in a large bagel please and one of the same for the journey home.

Two tins of vimto and a large packet of choc buttons, in exchange, not Nestle obviously.

There is still fun to be had in the world. Thanks Sal, you would not believe how rare an invitation is to anywhere.

• I loved Vimto as a kid, my mum used to buy it by the crate, the squash that is, it didn't come in tins then! 

Sarah 

• Interesting  to learn all those languages 

I did Latin and French at school. I have used the French when travelling 

When we went on holidays as kids to Italy and Spain my mother would buy records and books that would teach us phrases and words it was fun to learn. Anybody remember the tv programme parliamo italiano ?

Vamos a Ver

Ruth 

• I think I do remember that programme. Never got the hang of Italian unfortunately.

we did years and years at night school polishing our French, could still manage a fair bit now.

I took French, Latin and a year's worth of Russian.

did you persevere with Italian?