Poshness due to education.

• 66 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Now in an earlier thread I accused our multi talented friend Rainieday of poshness. Only banter of course.

( although I am sure she is)

She blamed her grammar school education. I went to a grammar school but listening to my mangled syntax and diction no one could ever accuse me of poshness.I

Ellie73 also accuses me of being posh on the basis that we shop in Waitrose, but I think that's more acceptable than shoplifting in Aldi. (Not making suggestions here, just saying)

There seems to be a fancy on here to judge.

Now, knowing me as some of you do, possibly based on my posts, would you invite me to lunch with your best friend in daylight or would the very idea make you feel sick?

Don't be polite, don't beat around the bush, say what you think. ( as long as it won't upset me, I am a bit fragile)

• I’m afraid I get told off by my daughter for saying inappropriate things and my mother used to do it as well I don’t even know when I’m doing it 

Ruth 

• Can't imagine that Ruth, in what way?

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I think I sometimes just say what I think out loud 

I don’t worry about it too much you can’t always say the right thing all the time 

Ruth 

• My Husband always used to say to me, Put your Brain in to Gear, before you open your Mouth,

Ellie x

• And did you take any notice of he who knew better? I think not!

• What is deemed by some to be 'inappropriate' today is certainly nothing that bothers me. I am personally fed up to the back teeth of those who take offence on behalf of others who are not remotely offended. If the current generation are so fragile that they are upset by the trivia that gets currently reported, then God help them as they go through life and have to deal with real s**t.  Moan over for the time being.  Rainie x

• I would love someone on here to explain that they have been offended and in what way.

We could then have a reasoned discussion.

The big glaring difficulty is that no one has but Herculean efforts are being made to produce this person or people to prove a point.

We are dying here, possibly of import to interested parties. Thank you for your efforts and kindness Rainie.

• I think I know the answer to our bit of social difficulty ..... I have just looked on line, you will not believe how many donuts you can get for a pound in Morrisons. Of course your leggings are going to get a bit tight if you make this part of your everyday diet and why shouldn't you.

Living by the sea scoffing pate foir gras is not for everybody.

I love a donut and will be seeking out a Morrison's, keep your almond croissants Wxxxxxxxse I have found my new purveyor of comestables.I

Thank you Macmillan for ironing out this enigma in our lives.

• I wouldn't touch fois gras if I were starving to death.What a suggestion Ted.  Rainie x

• Sorry, edit that out and replace with finest beluga. X